The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Just Starting Child Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ChristianR
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of ChristianR
Hi!, I am just starting to look into kids show magic. I have received Seriously Silly and read it. I am looking for other ideas, I will be generally performing for3 to 6 year olds. I am going out and buying some silks and a new TT. I am looking for other information on effects. I would love to hear what you have tried and used with these ages. Currently I am trying to put together a Crystal Tube and Mismade flag. I wold love to hear if you have any suggestions for a change bag. Thanks everybody!
Christian
Tarbell!
sluggo
View Profile
New user
Mike B.
85 Posts

Profile of sluggo
A good book to read on this is "The birthday day party business" You can get one from David Ginn's site. I have the three pocket change bag. More room for more stuff.
Other affordable items you can get for kid shows are. Peanut butter and jelly trick, needle & balloon, coloring book, d-lites and dove pan. You can make up oodles of patter with these items and they won't cost you an arm and leg. These work well with that age group.
Dad, magic, ventriloquism, facepainter & balloons.
A weakness for coffee (caffeine)
Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Smoke & Mirrors
Christian, make yourself a pot of coffee, 1/2 a dozen donuts and read EVRYTHING in the 2 "sticky posts" at the top of this kid's forum. I'm not kidding, you will find so much GREAT info there, it's like buying 400 books.

Good luck & good reading.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
If you get the magic coloring book, pick up the vanishing crayons also, they play well together.
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Quote:
On 2006-01-02 18:11, Smoke & Mirrors wrote:
Christian, make yourself a pot of coffee, 1/2 a dozen donuts and read EVRYTHING in the 2 "sticky posts" at the top of this kid's forum. I'm not kidding, you will find so much GREAT info there, it's like buying 400 books.

Good luck & good reading.

Smoke and Mirrors has hit the nail on the head. For one starting out, these two threads will answer 99.99% of your questions. It will take a little time to read through the posts, but you will have received a quality education (and much inspiration).

Brian
Cesar Munoz
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Cesar Munoz
Great suggestions Smoke & Mirrors. I found Ginn's Professional Magic for Children to be invaluable. It's full of very workable routines that you can modify to fit your personality. It also has a ton of useful information on the "business".
sjballa147
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
278 Posts

Profile of sjballa147
Where are these "sticky posts" that you speak of?
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
The very top two topics in this section...
sjballa147
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
278 Posts

Profile of sjballa147
Thanks
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
You should use stratosphere
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The kids love "Appearing Wands" not just because of the presentation, but also because of the colors.

Get a sucker trick like "Peanut Butter & Jelly", "Sucker Sliding Die" or "Hippity Hop Rabbits."
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Quote:
On 2006-01-02 20:24, Cesar Munoz wrote:
Great suggestions Smoke & Mirrors. I found Ginn's Professional Magic for Children to be invaluable. It's full of very workable routines that you can modify to fit your personality. It also has a ton of useful information on the "business".

Cesar, it was sluggo who suggested David Ginn's book, not Smoke & Mirrors.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Derek Rutt Creations
View Profile
Regular user
thailand
172 Posts

Profile of Derek Rutt Creations
Kids love a crazy type of show and magic ....above all they want to laugh and scream .....so no serious type magic as they just won't appreciate it.
A sucker trick or routine is a must and fill the show with lots and lots of crazy sight gags most spoken gags go over their heads.lots of colour but the main thing in your show is you!!!! you have to be a natural with kids and never never talk down to them.
hope this helps
Derek
Hope this helps. Creation is life
www.derekrutt.com
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
If you do magic USE a magic wand. I am playing around wich one to use because there so many. the nice thing is you can use many of them in your show

I bought the WAND TO SNAKE from DEREK RUTT and it is these kind of things that makes a great show for the kids. use the popaway wand also.

http://www.derekrutt.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Just Starting Child Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL