The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Gone" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magiclee
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of magiclee
Does anyone have this coin vanish? Can someone review it? Gone!

magiclee
marco1
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of marco1
I'm also curious as to what is being sold here. Is it new handling of established gaffs such as Raven or something new?

Marco1
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Here's my review from another thread:

OK, just got done watching this.

I don't own Melt or Now U C It, but I like the idea of this gimmick. I couldn't tell you if it's the same as the 2 already mentioned, but apparently it's either spot on or darn close. To me it looks like the Raven but without sleeves or any magnets, a reverse Melt effect would be the perfect description. Either way, the vanish looks GREAT!

The effects and explanations are pretty short and when he did the "Routine" I thought he was joking! It took less than 7 seconds, and when I hear the word routine I want to see something that makes some sense. Not just a here it is, now it's gone, goodbye...type of deal.

The gimmick is easy to make, just be sure that you have plenty of invisible thread. I'm not to into thread, but this has got me thinking on some possible non-gimmicked solutions to this effect.

The visualness of this is nice. He goes over showing the front and back of your hand after the vanish which is a really nice touch and takes this to the next level. Your left dirty....REAL DIRTY, unless you do the "Routine" but I wouldn't call it that.

$20 plus for this is really expensive for what you get. An introduction to something that apparently has been around for a while, some short effects and explanations, and than the final whack in the face. At the very end the credits roll, and guess what? It's Expert Magic THIS...And Expert Magic THAT...Then they even flash you the Expert Magic logo so that you remember who made this DvD...just in case you forgot. Eric James is in the credits...of course, however in all of the ads for this DvD, I only saw that Eric James said something about it. I didn't know he produced it.

Overall this is a great effect and this Lowe kid did a good job. The DvD is overpriced for what you get and Expert Magic snuck in a low blow.

So I learned a really good lesson. Never EVER buy anything that has the words "Expert Magic" or "Eric James" on it Smile

Ratings:

Effect: 10/10
Practicality: 5/10
Price: 2/10

Overall: 7/10 (Cause the effect does look good)
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7583 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Does the effect include the breakdance routine?
teevtee
View Profile
Inner circle
1544 Posts

Profile of teevtee
I got to admit, those are some SWEET break dance moves there.
mikep
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
327 Posts

Profile of mikep
The gimmick is identical to melt, but it is used in a different position.
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
655 Posts

Profile of oombob
I have to say, I was put off by the huge watchband the guy was wearing in the demo... if you are attempting to show a clean coin vanish it may be best to lose the wristbands. I have "Melt" and like it.... I am not that keen on spending more money on a re-hash. Thanks for your review!
GaryW
View Profile
Veteran user
HSMagic
317 Posts

Profile of GaryW
The orginal handling for melt was horrible so I adopted this exact handling as inspired by "Fickle Nickel".

Too bad EM decided to cash in on the same idea twice.
Gary Ailes
Hot Shot Magic
www.hotshotmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Gone" (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL