The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Acidus Novus CD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Does anyone have details as to the release date of the new Millard Longman "Acidus Novus" package? Having heard it is coming and knowing Millard is a stand up guy I am salivating in anticipation!

Any thoughts or information is much appreciate, - Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
I thought it was out now ...

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1601 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
I corresponded with Loren Tindall this morning. He said that he is working "feverishly" on it, but did not mention a release date. I know he and Millard want to get it out soon. I know Millard's and Loren's work and I am sure it will be worth the wait.

Best regards,
Tony Razzano
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2852 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Hey Nic,

Acidus Novus Unleashed looks like it will be available very soon.

I got a laugh and a flush of pride when I saw my name among a list of "seasoned professionals" that includes among others Banachek, Nu, Osterlind, Riggs, Zingg and some guy who'd prefer to go by the name Moshe Botwinick. While perhaps seasoned (I’m told I’m hot and peppery; my wife may be biased), I am a professional – clinical psychologist – but at best an advanced amateur mentalist.

I have had the good fortune to befriend some of the people on the above list who have proven to be kind friends and generous teachers. Most significant to my development as a mentalist, however, is Millard himself. I suspect he left my name in the “Seasoned Professionals” list in service of his self-assumed role of motivational coach. And to make me laugh.

While there were a couple of names I didn’t recognize you can see from the list of contributors (My god, I forgot to mention Chris Carter and Greg Arce! Sorry guys), some of whom sought out Millard when they heard what he was putting together rather than the other way around.

Millard’s work has been misappropriated or gone without a request for inclusion in a variety of books, tapes and DVDs several times just in the five years since he befriended me. And Millard always takes this in stride, simply letting it wash over him and be gone. He does have a pretty cool and valuable bunch of books, tapes and DVDs given to him along with the apologies of those who in their own excitement to release their material, forgot to mention Millard and Acidus Novus. So I guess there has been some compensation!

This is Millard’s monument to what he went through and what he achieved in creating Acidus Novus. It is also a chance for those of us whose work has been forever changed, soon after reading that slim pamphlet, to offer our gratitude in the form of the routines so freely shared.

Rather than go into detail about the contents of the entire multi-media CD, I’m just going to provide you with the link to Loren Tindle’s website where Unleashed is being offered to the mentalism community.

The ad for Unleashed can be read at: http://www.mevproshop.com/acidus-novus.html. The most current ad states that the offer of 20% off runs to January 4th. This is material aimed at the professional and the advanced amateur and the price is in keeping with that market. The 20% off is significant which is why I’m writing this today after seeing Nicodemus’ post.

While I said that I’m going to let the ad speak for itself I do want to mention a few things to help you decide if you want to surf in that direction in the first place.

First off, you will learn AN in greater detail than you could have short of personal instruction like I have been fortunate to receive. Several things contribute to this; Millard’s handling has evolved in the years since Al Mann introduced AN. He is more aware of nuances to make everything work as smoothly as possible and he has matured as an author so his writing is all the more accessible. The use of performer’s view video also helps clarify some of the areas more difficult to describe with just words.

Millard gives you everything you need in a very accessible format. For example, templates in Microsoft Word for the AN cards used in specific routines are included. He teaches you how to peek under every circumstance, no matter where the participant has written.

Then there are the “Longman-Mann Papers,” a collection of Millard and Al’s correspondence during the time AN was created and released. And an audio interview by Roy Shubert is also included. Remember, this is a multi-media CD so there are videos, sound files and a 100 plus pages of text.

I almost forgot; one of the easiest, killer Q & A routines out there is also shared. Yes, there are great Q & A routines available but this is truly one of a kind and allows for some touches that no other Q & A I am aware of has to offer.

AN is like Millard’s first child (he and his wife have two lovely daughters born after AN) and his love and passion shine throughout this project. I know I’m probably sounding like an advertisement at times but this is all coming from the heart and sincerely trying to be as objective as possible.

Having the honor of being Millard’s student of sorts has taught me the fine points of AN many of which have affected my whole approach to mentalism. And truth be told, I’m as excited as anyone to see what kind of presentations some of the greatest thinkers in mentalism have chosen to share!

I would be disingenuous to say my respect for and friendship with Millard has not played a role in my outpouring of compliments. The fact that he included two of my pet routines doesn’t hurt either. In writing these, I took the opportunity to share my ideas regarding the importance of justifying one’s gaze and as well as methods to do just that. One routine in particular I am especially proud of; an inevitable evolution of the Anneman Name/Date routine, wonderfully modernized by Bob Cassidy in his Name/Place routine and now brought to new heights via the application of AN.

I’ve said far more than I’d planned but I am, as you surely can tell, very excited about this project. If I didn’t know Millard, if I weren’t contributing my own material, I would be no less excited. So that is my short answer to Nic’s question.

Bill Cushman
ravi
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of ravi
Wow,

seems like a wonderful new release in 2006. I have just ordered my copy and I cannot wait to get it.

Ravi

Good thing is that the prize will keep some guys from buying it. They will regret it though and the cd will be a collectors item soon.

:)
I N D R I D C O L E

DEAD AnD GONE
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Bill Cushman: Wow, what a detailed review, that certainly sheds light on many things. Ordered a copy and look forward to adding this weapon to my arsenal !

Thanks again, - Nicodemus

P.S. And thank you to all of those who PM'd me with answers and detail, much appreciated.
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1171 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Bill is a great guy, I am glad to see him here at the Café (he has been gone for awhile). His advice is very good.

Hey Bill, Doc Hilford says HI!

Jerry
aawb122pm
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of aawb122pm
Received the package today. The ebook alone is worth the asking price. Its fantastic !
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2852 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Hi Folks,

Jerry, thanks for the compliment and return a big hello to Docc.

I'm hearing great things from the few folks I know who have recieved their copies, along the line of aawb122PM above. I'm like Charlie Brown on Valentine's Day, anxiously hanging around the mailbox waiting for my copy. Maybe today will be the day!

I reread my "short" review above and had to laugh at myself. I'll work on brevity as a New Years resolution! I've already made some important strides in this direction with my presentations, now to apply what I've learned to postings and correspondence. On that note I'll actually conclude.

Bill
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
I have the package and all I can say is it is wonderful stuff. I already own Obsidain Oblique, the original Al Mann Acidus Plus booklet and Millard's Billet Booklet ... I still bought this and think it is an excellent investment. The price is extremely fair. I only wish it wasn't mentioned in a public forum. It's WAY too good for the novice performer. If you are really serious about mentalism and p**ks, then buy it. If you are not serious, don't save your money, as you'll think the price is too high. As Loren states, "This isn't your father's Acidus Novus!"

Loren and Millard did an excellent job. Also, it named "Millard Longman's Thought Reading with Billets. Volume One: Acidus Novus". I'm hoping there's an extremly limited volume 2.

Dave Birtwell
rrubin98
View Profile
Veteran user
Cogito, ergo sum scripsit
301 Posts

Profile of rrubin98
I received mine as well and love it. The videos are great for seeing exactly how Millard performs the technique and its variations (different hot areas).

Richard
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2852 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Well, the wait paid off and my valentine from the red headed girl was in my mail box yesterday. Unfortunately, she's a he, sixty, has a deep voice and tends to dress all in black. But Thought Reading With Billets, Volume I is better than any old valentine card.

Yes, thanks Millard for not telling me that you had changed the name of the CD before final release. I love coming across uninformed! I still like AN Unleashed better, so there.

In revenge, I'll divulge a secret. Yes, there will certainly be volumes to follow. I'd tell you the name and content of Volume II but then I'd have to kill you all. I've always wanted to say that. In truth, Millard would kill me.

But back to AN. For some reason, my wife and daughter have this delusion that we have to share the computer equally so I haven't had the chance to even peruse the whole thing. What I have seen, though.....

First off, the packaging is top notch. Small point but often a sign of things to come. In this case it certainly proves to have bode well.

I caught most of the instructional videos. High quality, performer's view that will leave no doubt on how to do all the many AN variations. Simple, simply brilliant and right to the point.

Having only so much time available (I knew getting my daughter that MP3 player for Hanukah was a mistake) I printed up the section containing the routines that were contributed. This had nothing to do with wanting to see my name in print. Really.

I'm going to read them all as soon as I finish this post but I did read the first two contributions from Greg Arce. Greg you are a genius. What more can I say. And, OK, I did look over my contributions. But I kept my name covered the whole time. Really.

As promised, I am keeping things short. Which isn't at all motivated because I now have the time and opportunity to get to the rest of AN. Really.

B.C. Psy.D. (LOL)
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6474 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Bill, thanks... but you're no slouch when it comes to routines... your no-switch name & number is pretty cool and that subtlty about appearing to know more info is great.

About the CD: Wow!!! I'm going to get busy and start folding as many cards as I can. I never even thought of all the variations that are on there! I first watched all the videos and was immmediatly impressed with all the various folds and ways of getting the information. Then I heard the Q & A recorded segment... again: Wow!! If these had been the only two things on the CD it would have already been worth the cost... and more. I briefly started reading the rest and keep seeing more & more brilliant stuff and routines. Tonight I'll sit and listen to the hour interview that's on there.

Oh, and what a fantastic idea to have all the various templates you would need to make up these billets & cards.

An easy prediction here: This is going to be considered a modern classic. And to think I knew Millard when he was working on a manipulation act... and it was really good, too.

Well, to Millard and all those that contributed to making this a very valuable instructional CD:

:applause: Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Thanks, guys.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2852 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Ok, Greg, we can start our own mutual admiration society! Seriously, thank you. If I recall correctly The No Switch routine, in part, has occured to others, LOL.

I wish I'd gotten one more edit in because I have a couple of other ideas I'd like to have included but I suppose there will always be that "one last thing." And Heart2Heart has already generated positive feedback as well and been put into at least one repetoir as I predict both your routines will be. Funny, H2H was one of the routines I really worked to trim in keeping with my resolution for brevity but not before being finalized on the CD. So those of you wise enough to purchase Volume I, trim away!

I liked your tales of your early days in Miami with Millard and your mention of knowing him when he was working on a manipulation act brought back a memory of my own. I told Millard that I'd loved to have seen him perform his manipulation act from "back in the day" and one day he surprised me and did a good part of his coin manipulation act outside in a parking lot after lunch. He still had his chops after all these years. I can only imagine what the other patrons thought as they walked to their cars!

I also can't wait to check out the recorded segments and many of the other routines as well. And you are right, we are fortunate to have contributed to what will certainly be a modern classic in mentalism.

Everyone deserves thanks but especially Millard and Loren for making this possible.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
I know I'm going to ruffle some feathers here, but I simply feel the need to express an opinion.

I'm sure it's a fantastic product and worth every penny and then some.
That said, I always squirm a little when there's a 'buy now' discount offer. For me it alway seems as if the artefact in question suddenly becomes tarnished.
It gives it that Danny Devito 'Tin Men' feel.

Seriously guys, when someone with class, possesses a classy idea... I always feel the 'hubba hubba buy now and save money'pitch slightly dulls the shine.

No disrespect intended.

Bobser.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
green4magic
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of green4magic
Bobser - I have to disagree.

Many publishers have a pre-publication offer on a new publication. The idea is to get commitments so the publisher knows how many to produce for a first run and to determine the need for future runs.

As for the ACIDUS NOVUS PACKAGE, I got mine a couple of days ago. I spent the rest of the day reviewing the contents. As has been mentioned already the multi-media format and video clips provide the clearest possible explanations and illustrations for the handling and the routines included provide lots of food for thought for the professional performer.

The format greatly improves the learning curve. After viewing the videos I was able to take some of the handlings and use them in my performance that night.
The spectator response was better than I could have hoped for - it blew them away.

For those of you using center tears - by using these techniques you can either eliminate the center tear completely or do as I did and AN to get my info and then tear with complete abandon and leave no evidence but bits of paper in the spectators hand. I tried both ways to prove how unimportant the card was in relation to the resultant reading.

The other extremely useful feature is the card template. I just printed up the cards I needed for my nights performance and was ready to go. The set up almost guarantees that the specator will fold the card correctly for you with no need to "instruct" the specator in any suspicious manner.

If you are a performing mentalist you NEED this package - the material is that powerful.

Oh, and one more thing - order it soon as I e-mailed Millard and told him to Triple the Price after January 31. The material is too powerful and the price is way to low.

STAY MYSTICAL
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Just to chime in with a comment or two...

Wow, there are some real gold nuggets in the audio interview with Tony Michaels. His addition to the Q & A act is dynamite and his tip for Sneak Thief is icing on the cake.

And I just love the card usage and space justification of Bill Cushman's 'Heart to Heart' routine, another solid gold nugget.

My two cents, - Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1141 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Where did you buy it???
kiki
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1141 Posts

Profile of KiKi
I found it! kiki
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2852 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Thanks Nico. The heart placement idea just appeared "wholecloth" in my head shortly after the rare occurence of someone folding the card wrong (a magi friend trying to mess with me). When I realized that adding the hearts not only insured a proper fold but provided a "heart" tugging line for the presentation, I knew I had it. I love those "aha" experiences. Not all the men, but every woman responds with an "awwww" when I tell them to close the card so their two hearts touch. Things like this help take our presentations above simply revealing a name, as is so important.

Bobser, you didn't even ruffle my feathers and it is pretty obvious where my loyalties lie. Nor did I know of the reasoning Greeen4Magic so aptly explained. I've felt the same way in Tinman type of situations (don't even get my going about car sales) including some ads for magic and mentalism offering an early order or special customer discount. I guess I've been lucky because with mentalism, I've always been glad when I saved significant money, or obtained one of a truly limited release, by pre-ordering or ordering before a price increase deadline. Of course, I only do this with people I implicitly trust and/or who will guarantee a refund or provide me with the instructions before I order. Those wise and good folks know who you are.

I still have so much to get thru and the more I hear about the "gold nuggets" I've yet to hear/read/view the more excited I become.

So Kiki, did you go for it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Acidus Novus CD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL