The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Sean Bogunia - Dancing Hank (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
949 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
I have a new Ultimate Dancing Hank and have had the M##### come out after just one week and I contacted Sean Bogunia and he sent me a e-mail saying that he has not used the ****** for over 2 years and to use your pinkie (Wink, Wink) more and the silk will always turn heads up.

I love the effect but I am curious if anyone else does their performance without the ++++++?

James Adamson
http://www.seam2006.com
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I don't use it either. Just pluck it out if still there. The only time it would ever come in handy would be if thread work broke. That should never happen since it's upholstery grade and should be be serviceable before each performance.
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
264 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
I have performed the Ultimate Hank for years with great success. I have been saved many a night when the thread got caught up and wouldn't retrieve by using the magnet under cover to re attach the silk and finish the routine. Any working magician will tell you that having an out is the way to a confident performance.

I sew extra silk over the magnet to reinforce the silk to prevent it from rubbing it's way through.

I know that Sean doesn't use it and has not had any problems. You have to figure though that he is the inventor and the best to ever do it. I guess you have to ask yourself are you as good at it as he is.

Puck
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
949 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Puck,

I remember Denny stating that you had gotten the dancing hank and used it a lot. Since my contact with Sean I have found that I like it better with the magnet also.

When my thread gets caught up it is always on the stop piece that sticks out the front of the gimmick. Have you or others had this problem?

I am sure that Sean would say that it happens due to backlash when you pull the thread to quickly.

James Adamson
http://www.seam2006.com
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
264 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
I actually bent the brake out as far as it could go and still catch the screw just under the head. By doing this you will notice that the brake will not be directly over the spool as before. You have to be careful not to break it off though. After doing this I found that it catches much less than before I did it. Using weeker batteries will also help to keep the thread from getting caught a lot as well as keeping the proper tension on the spool where it meets the motor.

Good luck,
Puck
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
264 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
264 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2222 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Sean recently sent me a special cover for the motor. It does help in keeping the thread from tangling in the spool. Well, I guess, with the new model, this is already included.

James Adamson, yes, this also happens to mine occasionally. It is a matter of practise to get it right.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Sean Bogunia - Dancing Hank (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL