The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Where can I buy it!!! Its the only trick I have ever wanted! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
desmosome
View Profile
New user
Ken
1 Post

Profile of desmosome
I have been all over the world (wide web) and cannot find the illusion I want. Harry Houdini was the first magician to perform it (I think)

Magician takes some thread, and puts it in his mouth. Then takes some needles and swallows them. Next he pulls the thread from his mouth with the needles attached!

How and where can I buy the instructions from?

Cheers

Dr. Ken Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello Dr. Ken:

I can refer you to one source: John Booth Classics, a book written by John Booth. He gives the details on a very effective version. The razor blades from mouth is also in the book. The book is no longer in print, but I bet you can get it from H and R Books, or on ebay - I have seen it from time to time on ebay. Good luck.

Best,

Ron Reid
Florian Rago
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincolnshire
202 Posts

Profile of Florian Rago
It doesn't use needles it uses razor blades, but, http://www.magicbox.uk.com
sells it. £45. The main problem is that it's a British website

Hope this helps

Florian Smile
Anders Moden
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Anders Moden
I found the trick with needles by accident just tonight on a French website. It is a review of a needle-swallowing trick. I'm not French speaking myself, so I used the translater below to read it. Don't know about the name of the trick, though. It has to have something to do with the presentation I guess:

It is Here!

You can translate the text to English by pasting it in on thr translater at babelfish
Click here!
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Tarbell Course in Magic #4 teaches the needles, and/or the razor blades.

Jim Steinmeyer's "Device and Illusion" teaches a very different approach. It tests your faith in science.

Careful!
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Craig Matsuoka
View Profile
Loyal user
Kailua, Hawaii
271 Posts

Profile of Craig Matsuoka
Quote:
On 2002-11-16 19:41, Curtis Kam wrote:
It tests your faith in science.

LOL!

BTW, is that the one David Williamson used on tv once?
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Profile of MichaelSibbernsen
Hi Craig,

Yes it was. A quick eye (or finger on the slow-mo button) will reveal the rather comical looking results of the methodology.

MS
Elwood
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Elwood
You want to see Bunny Neil do the razor blades - AWESOME!!!!
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
The Houdini method is very simple and easy to master. This is available on The Learned Pig Project website and I believe on the CD as well.
It contains 47 books, most hard to find and a few long out of print. The CD has books that a lot of magicians have never seen and a few of the classics you probably already own.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
gtxby33
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of gtxby33
I wouldn't attempt it. If you sneeze..or cough...
white hats rule.
lmrmagic
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of lmrmagic
Here are the razor blades at Ronjo Magic

Click Here!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16945 Posts

Profile of joseph
The razor blades are on the cutting edge of magic, but the needle swallowing trick has many good points. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
DanTheMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
Edgewater, Maryland USA
138 Posts

Profile of DanTheMagicMan
Sharp response, Joseph!
Dan The Magic Man
e-mail:[email]info@familymagicshows.com[/email]
web site:www.familymagicshows.com
MagicEvents.org - View or subscribe to upcoming magic events and birthdays.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
If you're a little short on cash you can try this one: Here!
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Ruben Padilla
View Profile
Loyal user
Narrative Strategist
207 Posts

Profile of Ruben Padilla
Steinmeyer's method is diabolical. I've tried it, and it works like a charm. While it hasn't happened yet, if one of the needles doesn't quite go where you want it to go, it's dramatically sound to pull it out of the glass carefully and set it down on a table as if it was "one too many". Hope this is not too confusing, but I don't want to give away the method. But trust that it's worth the effort and cost to track it down. If I remember correctly, it's in his book Device and Illusion.
Maestro
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Maestro
I don't know about anyone else here, but the thought of putting razor blades in my mouth makes me cringe. Smile
Ruben Padilla
View Profile
Loyal user
Narrative Strategist
207 Posts

Profile of Ruben Padilla
That's good Maestro, then you can see the effect it can have on your audience. Assuming, of course, that making them cringe is one of your goals, before amazing them with;

(a), your bravery, or

(b) your stupidity.

I've also wondered if this effect ventures too far into carnival geek territory, but concluded that performed correctly, and even with an audience cringing, it is powerful and certainly memorable! Also, not too many people perform this effect.
Carlos Hampton
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of Carlos Hampton
I don't think that the razor blades are justified anymore. Those razor blades are only seen in some barber shops, but they are not common use, and some people don't associate this with razor blades whatsoever.

The needles still fly, and they will for many years to come.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
The blades will be around for a long time.
Most everyone over 40 knows what they are.

Both still work fine.
DA
View Profile
New user
New jersey
48 Posts

Profile of DA
David Powell's vest pocket razor blade illusion is my favorite method. It leaves nothing left over in your mouth and is pretty cheap as well.
DA
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Where can I buy it!!! Its the only trick I have ever wanted! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL