The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Where can I buy it!!! Its the only trick I have ever wanted! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
From Slim Price:
Both effects are in Swami/Mantra
Look Here!
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
The stand is nice, but for me the words Pocket, mini, and folds/packs flat all sound pretty good.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Mental
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Mental
Funny, after my latest magical "toys" expenditure, my wife tried her version of the swallowing razor blades on me! And she never read Tarbell!
CardMagicCarl
View Profile
New user
Miami
7 Posts

Profile of CardMagicCarl
The needle swallowing effect is great. Better than razor blades, in my opinion.

The only problem though is visibility. It's really tough to see them from only a few rows back. Probably a trick best reserved for parlor type magic shows.

Carl
Smile
Rob Woodward
View Profile
New user
Tucson, Arizona
3 Posts

Profile of Rob Woodward
The best razor blade swallowing feat I have found, at least I think, is a Hades Publication. It is an older routine, dating back about 45 years. It's callled 'The Amazing No-Switch Razor Blade Mystery.' That is mostly true, as there are no 'in the hands sleights' or anything like that to worry about. It would take a little practice, but I think it's worth it. You can pick up a copy direct from Hades for $5.00 at http://www.trickster.com
I recommend it, and for that cheap, it's a steal.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5272 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Since you asked about the Needle trick and not the Razor blade version (although both are similar effects and have similar methods) there is one very to find, still in print book that includes it. The book is Sid Fleischman’s “The Charlatan’s Handbook”. His is a no switch method and is clever beyond words.

I could name about a dozen references to this one trick (Needle version), but many are out of print and all are hard to find. Sid’s is the most current that I can think of.

Either effect can be a real stunner!

Hope this helps you in your quest for the "only trick that you have ever wanted!"
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I finally remembered which e-book on the Learned Pig Project.

"Annemann's Buried Treasure"

It is the same method as Houdini and he calls it:

The East Indian Needle Trick.

The one Harry recommends may be better than this one, as it has no switch involved.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
He he he... I like John Carney's version with the brick and him pulling out his teeth..... Smile
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Where can I buy it!!! Its the only trick I have ever wanted! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL