The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism videos on my website - your thoughts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
davejesc
View Profile
New user
David Juraschek
83 Posts

Profile of davejesc
Windows Media Player works with these.
It will tell you that it's an unknown format and ask if you want it to go ahead anyhow.
Tell it to do so.
It will work.
It did for me.

Nice presentations.

-Dave
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
I have to say that these performances are good but it seemed to me as if I was watching derren brown. It had that exact feel to it. If you were wearing a derren mask I would have thought it was him. Not that that is a terrible thing.
Find out what you cannot do.., Then go and do it!
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Nice work, I really like your website, I have a great deal of respect for anyone who puts there performance style up for public questioning.....you seem to connect with your audience very well and it hits them just where it should.....do you aound like derren or luke??? maybe yes but why is that such a bad thing, I mean if you were a up and coming footballer would you try and mirror David Bekham, of course you would.....wow did that make sense??

anyway I rest, good work good reactions...
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Footballer. David Beckman? Don't you mean Payton Manning, or Larry Johnson, or Shaun Alexander? Smile
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
Football in england means soccer here for us in the u.s. I watched your presentation of the hallucinated card, I have that effect and have performed it before, but I loved your presentation! Very nice! You're super smooth as well, do you have any acting background or experience?

Anabelle
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Anabella are you talking to me? I was joking around. I know that Football in England is soccer in the USA.
themindreader
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of themindreader
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your comments,

Please could you let me know where exactly I look/sound like derren?

I think that all mentalists at some stage will be compared to him (to varying degrees) but in my opinion I am not similar to him in the downloads,

Of course I maybe wrong - and not doubt if I was it would take others to point it out to me!

Simon

Quote:
On 2006-01-06 14:52, Mark Storms wrote:
I have to say that these performances are good but it seemed to me as if I was watching derren brown. It had that exact feel to it. If you were wearing a derren mask I would have thought it was him. Not that that is a terrible thing.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I'm having a problem... every time I click to download I get pages of this type of text:
*¿?òú_[MÁ?£8PÉ?ÿÍ?æâD?gÿÏ?{³M@`+??îç¹þpà?ÿæ|qî?r Tú
ç?µîÿÿçl3óÔ?oÿÍX#Æ?RJºzÞn¤+áæp^cýáÍ0þvéÒ L???@Àãæ®7ÿûÅGO?õ¦R?9?VKVlL#??¡??QÍjß4?ø#? öö? Ä?|e1¨`3?E r?£¡®?Ï?û»ìüIý­%×?D?qd67½µ%7ºõ¡ º?hØ.ÑqɵÑP$¤È@X8C ?ã?q
Ãa? 8????Hóð9÷GMÔ¢è¨ä©Óq2-Á(Ïà÷`T<½# Í|Ë@Ô¡?ØqY"7õ?-H?;0öY³?§?E?|ĬqGG'úx© r¡¶????Ê?© !ñÝÑ°}´Ì@ÜÅ£?ÂÐ?Ð.Ml?æÂDôGÀp
Ö?ä¯L-
?¡g?,g­?AÁÙ?? w9-éÿüÒzÀã? â.?ÖICæ
г?f¾?z­?Bͦ,çVtÆ`¯??ãù?¼*X8y­/{ Aúÿ?? ã%õ@á9?áhXuc3?=ÿ2=0úÝ ìâEÙµ??g?u¦»¼?pA8Ç7X(ÑÇqa}Lð Ì^ ¤?g^ E;ï)§upq? $ÇÅßU lFÕÀÅ%tÕƦ4òè®Ñ¹Z¹?¦(ÆfE??ÛÆ5?ܦ?Þ?1¾¾? ZÑ/?æÖJqâ¿5zÈ[? 3ðp® ùÐ?Ncx
ñ[eI ô/SIÁ3?}';ðeÁ?ÇXÖ>à1Æ?7B3ø¿x Vï?%ZPÒ­-LI¯Ä@è¹?C½þæz¾hZmï7Za%,¤Êú¢§¾?¡
ü2?2]A?;½jw&H?çÒ? ??7qÏô?ãO0üV ó0. |=/à?ÐöYo?¯Êÿë¡?yz°?mÈ!ã?ËR«6cÊÎCG?iF¦SÒCÌȸ³Þø÷ÞVd£^oÛD?Rkä!ýo10?jbSu5b'¢Z?MÈ
µ·~?^?k©^x?̸»?=??"³{¾uï7zÀ.V©???jxÄú??ç???¶S§?è¿;ñTÙÎ?®+ _?æäQZº®z«îßyiÂͬ?ðweº<+kF'S⾪üjÿÔwË?ÆBÓ2 ?{ÅþUï px?ôôWë=?©%|àðòË¡ðî?Áº??ó?@÷óêYáíT%Õ?ð!Ùá+½<ʶɾH??±)PC+?æª/?R=f??°á0?Ì?Æ0ú?À?"æÀ??5ë?¯6rf!+Ú:Z®)?)7ð`D8àÈά÷2?ÃÐ[PJÌ/é?øÏK¼þV­©?ÊÀ<K
Ë?çôy}ßNK=÷?ÿT?*Þ'=?±õð?:U=~ª?ÓÀð
?`ðï?TK/ðBY=ȪÒh]ÀQÙ^>ð?ßýX?æÔ?¸Ï ö5j?¹ià?«ÊA?íÏZ¢ÿqÃê?Ö <g?Q*U?WW|Åt¾`1©NI §ÔÀxÜé¬üR¡?tñ({êÙÇ8Ï ?)¿ÅZ­Bïñ(??4 þ¶â?âÇçéóÐ1?©VJnx|%^ß?(1dG)ÿðB÷_ý=ôTY¿?MÔ?ÈÔð<®>/ö°Zx??½ÆxIâèï??x?$xjÀ?©ç??êj¯Z½q??A?ÿ? øb?äT¨u+Ë??¼]R:d$$??áÉÿþpÁBIü9«
)Ü?Oìð?»®;óôÿÞ?°,u?©Öúoÿçª{|ã°ÿùí?×2<N?ªº?¸2Åßÿ?íP
6uÆ?Ê@óp¾dóà7HZ;?? °Z¼Èô³????3e`¨ÆK;LÎnõ&δRZÖu?,"Ã2nêqÑ °§¯W?8Õ?¬4±ì?Ü'?`yRñ¦A?äB?KF8gÍLÏDÚ .díYip²bá)§¸UÍÁÃ3?-ma2pÌ'K?x?%Od/ ?¼ApP?Õªe 8ê½A?V4 ?~R¿ 1Ò#'ú@`?þªO k¸Ôá?ÍDY@yÕÑA?m?÷??@ ??°ÜY$*?dÁÁ7?ºwhEæ??+¼Ó¤ìa"?pZKf?ÂN?öwä<Ýë (1[EGPiA+_?0¨ãÁ~tà±og þòS§Ðp?¶Z»??±NVçK B«`Åè9?ðØ?Ld°peà)?I?}+I¦K5¡4?íÔ?g®N?¢¤ÂéWÑbJ FN6 Lv´ÁX-QgBhq?A?AÀ/?mð? g¢??­?já[hôµ¡<
?,)[
-aÃÔÏ?k+?

I have Quicktime and Real Player on my computer and I've seen other websites where I can immediately watch the videos. What am I doing wrong?

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Download it to your desktop first. Then watch it. I had the same problem when I tried clicking on it.

Very good, Simon. Enjoyed it. And besides being English, I didn't feel you and Derren were the same.
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
I would be glad to point out a few things really quickly.

- "Would you be happy to do that?" Derren says this a lot
- The "induction" seems to be done the same way derren does.

there are others but I would have to watch them again to find them. Please don't take this as harsh criticism as I think that you are a great performer. It is merely observations that I made. I think that, to an extent, a lot of mentalists would have presentational quality's in common. IMO don't be worried about it. And theres always the chance that I am stupid and it was just the accent. lol.
Find out what you cannot do.., Then go and do it!
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1143 Posts

Profile of KiKi
I can watch them, but I have no sound! ????
themindreader
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of themindreader
Hi Mark,

Not to sure about "would you be happy to do that" - he probably does say that.

The only thing which I was going to comment on was my induction. As far as I am aware I am the only performer to use that particular one (counting down on the fingers behind the spectators head).

I think that most other perfomers use the handshake interupt instead.

Whereabouts have you seen Derren do the one I used?

All the best,

Simon

Quote:
On 2006-01-06 22:39, Mark Storms wrote:
I would be glad to point out a few things really quickly.

- "Would you be happy to do that?" Derren says this a lot
- The "induction" seems to be done the same way derren does.

there are others but I would have to watch them again to find them. Please don't take this as harsh criticism as I think that you are a great performer. It is merely observations that I made. I think that, to an extent, a lot of mentalists would have presentational quality's in common. IMO don't be worried about it. And theres always the chance that I am stupid and it was just the accent. lol.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2006-01-06 22:39, ALEXANDRE wrote:
Download it to your desktop first. Then watch it. I had the same problem when I tried clicking on it.

Very good, Simon. Enjoyed it. And besides being English, I didn't feel you and Derren were the same.

Still have the same problem when I get them on my desktop. Oh, well.

Greg
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2006-01-07 08:18, Greg Arce wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-01-06 22:39, ALEXANDRE wrote:

Greg

What browser are you using?
Sickpuppy
View Profile
New user
Manchester, England
50 Posts

Profile of Sickpuppy
Brilliant. When is the TV show out?
You seem a bit like Derren in your hand/arm movements but that is not a bad thing.
Well done.
I would like to see more of your work.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:

Greg

What browser are you using ?

I'm a Mac guy and it's called Safari, but I've never had this problem with any other website I've tried to watch videos on. As I said, I can watch Quicktime, RealPlayer, etc.

Greg
themindreader
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of themindreader
Hi all,

In a few days time the videos will be avalible for download in .mov format.

Kind regards,

Simon
Joe Xavier
View Profile
Regular user
Borneo Islands
149 Posts

Profile of Joe Xavier
I thought they were available for download? I downloaded all of them. Get Quicktime guys!
Sickpuppy
View Profile
New user
Manchester, England
50 Posts

Profile of Sickpuppy
Same here I think if you use Firefox it downloads them.
Aaron Lucas
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Aaron Lucas
Your website looks identical to Derren Brown's old website.
On your website you are dressed the same as Derren Brown dresses.
You speak in the same way that Derren Brown speaks.

You are an 8th rate Derren impersonator. If you can't see that you are delusional.
Just a magic lovin dude
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism videos on my website - your thoughts (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL