The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Party Strolling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Swami Bill
View Profile
Regular user
Le Monde
135 Posts

Profile of Swami Bill
Hi gang - With the holidays coming up I've secured a some party gigs. I'm excited to be doing more "traditional" magic but I admit... I haven't done party gigs before. I'm planning on including my sponge ball routine and sponge rabbits and a color changing knife bit with silks that finishes with a silk color change. I also have a giant B'wave or a tossed out deck (brainwave) that I do for a little bigger audience. It generally clocks in at around 10-12 minutes and with the alternating sponge routines it will give the folks at the parties some variety. Does this fit in with what party magicians are doing? Can you recommend anything else?

Thanks,

- Bill
That's MISTER Swami Bill to you.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5763 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Is this stand-up or strolling? If it's stand-up, what will be your largest audience? Will the audience consist of adults and children, or just adults?
Swami Bill
View Profile
Regular user
Le Monde
135 Posts

Profile of Swami Bill
The situation varies but it's strolling with some venues offering brief stand up if the opportunity arises for 50 people or less. Family audience but plenty of adults. In several of the gigs it'll be up to me how I want to present it.

- Bill
:bunny2:
Jim Davis
View Profile
Special user
What is....? Utah
945 Posts

Profile of Jim Davis
Do you have a copper silver brass routine? I like to bring that out for strolling parties where the groups are more intimate. Just a thought.
Diamond Jim Davis "The Cardslinger" ~~~ Magic from the '80's....................the 1880's!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Don't just be a magician, be a human interest!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>[url]www.periodplayers.com[/ur
ArchMiro
View Profile
New user
Fort Collins, Colorado
59 Posts

Profile of ArchMiro
Crazy Man's Handcuffs and Professor's Nightmare are staples of any routine I do these days.

Works great for close-up and/or slightly farther away.

Of course, anything you can do in a spectator's hand works well too. I like the sponge ball idea.
Swami Bill
View Profile
Regular user
Le Monde
135 Posts

Profile of Swami Bill
I can easily include Professor's Nightmare but copper silver brass had slipped my mind. Thanks for the tips! I think I see a set emerging...

- Bill
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
david roths coins across, coper silver transposition is specs hand, spell bound, card in pocket, snap change, cut and resored rope, ring string, any tt work, the list goes endless

Michael MacDonald
tiptophat
View Profile
Loyal user
Wesley
260 Posts

Profile of tiptophat
I would also recommend scotch and soda.
Depending on size, an ambitious card routine,
and maybe a pocket size mental epic.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I'm doing something similar this weekend at a corporate party...

I believe I'll be doing these.
Pin Demonium
Spellbound
Sponge balls
In the hands Chop cup routine
CMH
TT&silk
Cards
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
DonB
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of DonB
Hi Frank,

Your list of effects shows a lot of thought--a variety of effects with a variety of materials, doesn't require a lot of pocket space, no or instant reset, a lot of opportunity for audience participation. Everything you could want.
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1504 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Scotch and Soda is great, but do you really want to have to leave the room after every time you do it to separate the gaff? For that reason alone I don't think any coin gaff that locks is practical for a walk-around setting.
Swami Bill
View Profile
Regular user
Le Monde
135 Posts

Profile of Swami Bill
So Frank, all of this set is in either yours or the spectator's hands? You don't use any tables, mats or other superfluous devices? That's great!

- Bill
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The Thought Transmitter, and one deck of cards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Party Strolling (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL