The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » My First Escape in two weeks !!!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

la9
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of la9
I just ordered the Novak books and got so excited I called the local newspaper booked my first stunt already. I told them I'm going to escape from a straitjacket hanging upside down from a crane. Wow, someone should have told me how much it cost to rent a crane on a Saturday I would have never guessed. I know this sounds a little boring by todays standards even though it is classic houdini. So I went ahead and told them I would soak the rope I would be hanging from in Kerosene and ignite it to add to the suspense. Not only that but I rented a small pool to put beneath me to break the fall in case something goes wrong. Smart thinking but I got to talking to the reporter and now I'm importing a small shark from the philippines, 150 pounds of fish and overnight shipping and I'm about broke now. Then I got to thinking and I promised the newspaper I would tie some meat to my head to add to the suspense in case I fell into the pool.

So here are my questions.

Will the novak books tell me how to escape all of this ?

Will the meat interfere with the straitjacket escape ?

If the wind is blowing how do I keep from missing the pool below ?

Will I need a fire permit ?

Can I trust someone else to operate the crane ?

Would you believe I made this whole story up with my imagination ?

I did order the books and wanted to let everyone know I took the first steps into the escape artists club. Feel free to PM me, I'm in Ohio if anyone is close.

Peace
Mtripp
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Mtripp
Phui...
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Great ideas here, you are definitely on the right track, maybe ahead of most of us.

The Novak books are primarily motivational. If you have the right attitude, technique doesn't matter. It is clear from your post that you have the right attitude.

The meat won't be a problem at all. Lots of meatheads are doing escapes these days.

If the wind is blowing hard enough, it might even blow out the flames. If you miss the pool, the meat will cushion the blow. Make sure you don't trim off all the fat! Lots of older escape arstists are padding their shows with fat these days.

Permit, schmermit. You are a macho escape artist! Laws are for the little people. What can they do, lock you up? You can walk right out!

How hard is it to operate the crane anyway? You can run one of those off your iPod these days. Just don't set it to shuffle play!

I wouldn't believe that you made this up, because if you had any imagination, you wouldn't waste your time trying to live up to the reputation of a scrappy little Hungarian immigrant liar who's been dead for 79 years.

Ohio, jeez, your first task is to escape from there. I did. Novak doesn't cover that one.

Good luck, you'll need it!

Yours,

Paul
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Paul. He is joking (think you got that, not sure though Smile ). I wish he wasn't though, I love it when the competition make it easier for me Smile

I Like the Houdini comment, I am a bit sick of hearing about that guy myself. The other week a reporter asked me if I was the next Houdini, I politely let him in on my feelings about the questions, I may have said some impolite things about him as well, which are bound to be published.

I mean this sincerely, Houdinis 'memory' makes me want to quit. The guy is a thorn in all of our sides. Great for the Houdini fans, death for the modern escape artist, and doubtless no where near as good as his exaggerated legend would have us believe.

David Straitjacket
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
la9
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of la9
Paul is on top of it, don't worry about him.

Sincerely, don't quit just because of Houdini, if he is that much of a thorn, focus all that energy to become better than he ever was and make the world forget all about him.

I'm being serious here, all joking aside, focus your mind on becoming better instead of living in his shadow.

Death to the modern escape artist ? From the Creativity just in this thread I'm sure we can all come up with the "triple metamorphisis water toture from hades" and they will talk about that for centuries to come.

Escape Artists will pop up everywhere.

Don't give up hope and stay positive.............

Peace
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
And I quote:
the reputation of a scrappy little Hungarian immigrant liar who's been dead for 79 years.

LOL! Im on the floor. Not sure why that hit me so hilarious but thanks!
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Next year, he'll have been dead longer!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » My First Escape in two weeks !!!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL