The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Broken and restored rubberband (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

okbohn
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of okbohn
I came up with a great broken and restored lesson--probably nothing new for you guys. The BAR band routine I use--I break the rb and talk about how we have all messed up--broken our lives and covenant, etc.

Then I tie the band back together to talk about how we try to make things right to look better.--but everyone recognizes a tied rubberband. everyone knows a broken life when they see it

We try to make it look better--tearing down the ends of the band--making the knot smaller. but everyone still knows it is broken and there is no way we can make right.

then I restore the band and talk about how God can do what we can't--giving us a new beginnig...

taught it to youth group last night
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Okbohn
WOW, talk about packs small, plays BIG. that's great. Guess I'm going to have to learn "The BAR band routine".
I'll bet the kids in the youth group loved it.
God Bless
Steve
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
That is very similar to a routine I use for a cut and restored rope, but I really like the application to the rubberband.

Thanks for sharing!

RevJohn
okbohn
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of okbohn
I liked the rubberband because it is easier to pack than rope. Thanks for the kudos guys.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Broken and restored rubberband (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL