The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Won't do something they normally wouldn't do? Really? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
GraytScot
View Profile
New user
Dark side
18 Posts

Profile of GraytScot
Just like helping a person stop smoking or loose weight. The inner mind doesn't alway see why the body should quite. It is safe and happy in its habits. It how we function day by day. So you as the hypnotist must go at it in a way where the inner mind lets down its guard.
Professional Reality Bender
The Magical Mesmerizer
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of The Magical Mesmerizer
I'm really interested in your conversation on this, I'm just a beginner, so I know that you know 10 times more than me! I've just read history on hypnosis and beginners book on basic hypnosis. I've seen pictures on the internet of guys hypnotizing women to flirt with guys or bark like dogs, Odly enough, I've even seen women perform stripteases on a post-hypnotic suggestion,etc. Can a hypnotist really make [ maybe that is the wrong word to use but] make her do something to those effects, I'm curious on these matters! p.s. I'm not going to try these antics anyway, but I think I should learn about as much about hypnosis as I can, since I do want to be a Stage Hypnotist
Algebra2
View Profile
Regular user
CA
156 Posts

Profile of Algebra2
Hypnotic Suggestion-When you wake up you will be smartest person who ever lived..proceed from here..no the person does not get smarter..but they will pretend to act smart based on? People won't do anything against their will I think James Randi said there is even no sleep REM obviously but there is something with hypnosis it's a borderland science like Shermer says in his book...Borderlands of Science..
Andrei
View Profile
Veteran user
Romania
353 Posts

Profile of Andrei
Mr. Darrow,

Why are we assuming that the people are not consciously seeing the chair in the middle of the room, but are somehow percieving its presence by means of unconscious sight?

Wouldn't a more reasonable assumption be that they are simply overwhelmed by the importance of the experiment and the responsability of carrying out their role dilligently, that they refuse to admit they were very much aware of the chair, as consciously as possible?

Andrei
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20832 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Andrei, simply put. No
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Andrei
View Profile
Veteran user
Romania
353 Posts

Profile of Andrei
Danny, from what I gather, you are involved in this type of work on a regular, frequent basis. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I hope my English will prove competent enough to get my message across: Why do you (and like-minded others) believe that a subject not seeing the chair is due to something other than him pretending (albeit a sophisticated form of pretending) that he didn't see the chair? This question is not meant to be confrontational, but inquisitive.

What if these very same subjects were taken out of the so-called 'trance' state, and then, after the experiment was over, they would be approached by a second researcher. This researcher would take them to a public notary's office and sign a (legitimate) contract with them. According to this contract, if they correctly named the object in the middle of the room, they would earn 10 million dollars, no questions asked. If they did, in fact, not see it, they should not be able to name it. What do you think would happen?

Andrei
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20832 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
To put it simply do your research.

To complicate matters think of it like this. You are asking a "volunteer" which they are,to IMPROV on cue.

You and everyone who takes this view Presupposes an acting ability on the part of the volunteer, that takes years to hone. You then further suppose that they have comic ability. So then you are saying 20 people a night come to my show, and others, with this ability, ready to go for free!

It is not a scientific position, but think about it. It makes no sense.

Again do some research.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Andrei
View Profile
Veteran user
Romania
353 Posts

Profile of Andrei
Could you point me in the way of proper research?

Andrei

EDIT: So, what do you think about the 10 million dollars? Would he say "chair!!" or would he say "sorry, no idea.."?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Won't do something they normally wouldn't do? Really? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL