The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Best type of Dove Production in your opinion? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jlareau
View Profile
Loyal user
Henrietta NY / Chicago Ill
220 Posts

Profile of jlareau
Hey guys...

I'm starting to scrape together all of the material I'll need to add a couple of Dove productions to my stage act. I already posted a topic on tailcoat construction which returned some great advice. THANK YOU DAVE!

However I am curious as to what type of dove productions all of you enjoy doing, what gets the best reaction, difficulty, and most importantly is the most gentle on my birds? Just looking for honest opinions to guide the design of my act.

I think I'm going to start off the routine doing some card maipulations/productions then give a kicker with the doves. But that is just an idea. I'm open to all ideas...

Thanx
-Jlareau
Jonathan Lareau A.K.A "Jonny Card Trick"
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Feel free to check out my website www.jonlareau.com
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
Longline method.
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
jlareau
View Profile
Loyal user
Henrietta NY / Chicago Ill
220 Posts

Profile of jlareau
What is longline method? ...or should I not ask that and just get a book on it? As I said I'm really new at animal work. These are the first pets I've ever had and I want to make sure that I do everything right.

-jlareau
:bluebikes:
Jonathan Lareau A.K.A "Jonny Card Trick"
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Feel free to check out my website www.jonlareau.com
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
Get encyclopedia of dove magic... later on you will learn what a longline is..... brilliant prouduction Smile
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Buy video tapes on dove magic. Pick the dove productions you like to watch the most.
omnibozo
View Profile
Regular user
Boulder, CO
151 Posts

Profile of omnibozo
While magicians often prefer to see flashy productions with little apparatus, audiences often enjoy the color and larger appearance of apparatus tricks. Thus, dove from a silk fountain or dove from balloon or dove from streamer/ribbons get great response... and are usually safer for the birds.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5168 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Omnibozo: What do you mean by "safer for the birds"? I go out of my way to insure my birds are safe and comfortable no matter how I am using them. I have used doves both with and without apparatus and if the doves safety is at all questionable, the effect doesn't go into the act.
Where the magic begins
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Let me describe something to you that was shown to me by Frances Ireland Marshall okay?

I'll leave it to you to see thru the effect..

Entertainer enters the stage wearing two pristine white crisp gloves...
He/she removes one with a bit of grace....still holding on to it, he removes the other.
Now with more grace a moment of hesitation and a glance he rolls one over the other....
In a quick upward toss, the gloves have vanished and a pure lilly white dove emerges from the air apparently from within the gloves emerges the dove "Serenity"

Now having found the solution to the visual, follow the rest of the way to give this sequence some meaning in your presentation.

Good Fortunes!~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Best type of Dove Production in your opinion? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL