The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Need help in choosing a Peek wallet! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
While my quest for finding an original SUC continues........ I'm trying to find a suitable peek wallet that is nearly as impressive. The considerations include: The Stealth (Assassin might be too much), Brain Scan Wallet, Caper Case, and the Outlaw.

My criteria includes:

1/ I want be able to obtain the peek without having to open the wallet a second time. The actions should appear normal and happen FAST!

2/ The dimensions need to be similar to the size of a standard credit card case (small)as I intend to carry it in my back pocket.

3/ Nicely crafted- something that you'd be pleased to carry without looking too 'proppy'.

4/ Angle worthy- I work mostly walk-around, so angles are always a consideration.

5/ The spectator could casually handle the wallet. If you placed it on his/her palm it wouldn't 'feel' unusual or gimmicky.

Please offer your best advice, it would be greatly appreciated!

-Jared
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
I have the original black SUC, which has been one of my all time favorite, and most useful tools. I hope you can find one eventually.

I had a Caper Case, didn't really care for it. A friend of mine has the Brain Scan, but feels the SUC is much better. However, from what I am hearing about the Outlaw, it might be the way to go. Are you looking for a peek wallet ONLY? I know you can PW, NW etc with the Outlaw along with the peek. The SUC however does SO MUCh more than a peek. In fact, I don't even use it for a peek anymore. It is a beautiful tool to use with Billet work.

I have also ordered the Stealth Assassin which has the SUC gaff in it. It is also capable of doing a great deal more than a peek. Of course, the price is a bit steep compared to the others; which I don't mind if it's a worker. However, if you were to find someone willing to sell their SUC, you would most likely have to pay quite a bit for it.

Good luck!
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Jared
Keep your eyes focused right here. The OUTLAW has just been released and it is promised to be better than the SUC. I'm sure we will see reviews starting next week.
As a dedicated SUC user (who's dog made a snack out of his favorite tool) I have one on order and will let you know how it stacks up when I get it.

Tony
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
Tony and Sbays- thank you both for your comments. I called around and after hearing several arguments and ordered the Outlaw and am hoping that it's as good as the advertisement.

I'll also probably take a chance on a Stealth Assassin (you can never have enough good solutions), but would like to see it first-hand. My biggest concern is the size and whether or not it looks too 'proppy'. And lastly, I contacted Mark Strivings in hopes of finding a new old stock SUC though I'm not holding my breath. Let's keep in touch Tony- I noticed you live close by.

-Jared
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2006-01-06 22:02, TonyEye wrote:
Jared
Keep your eyes focused right here. The OUTLAW has just been released and it is promised to be better than the SUC. I'm sure we will see reviews starting next week.
As a dedicated SUC user (who's dog made a snack out of his favorite tool) I have one on order and will let you know how it stacks up when I get it.

Tony

First off Tony, thank you for your support. I would like to clarify something though.
Neither I nor my partner Gabe has ever claimed the Outlaw was better than the SUC.

We have said that it follows in the footsteps of the SUC. It is the same size and it allows for a closed wallet peek of almost the entire back of the card 96%?

The P.W. area is also over 90% of the back of the card.

The SUC is not readily available anywhere, we feel that the Outlaw can almost fill those shoes, and at a very reasonable price!

Thanks guys,
Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Sorry Rick, wrong choice of words. The increased writing and glimpsing area of the OUTLAW and the enthusiastic comments I have received on the OUTLAW lead me to that conclusion. Let's put it this way, It is the bargain of the year.

Tony
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2006-01-06 23:45, TonyEye wrote:
Sorry Rick, wrong choice of words. The increased writing and glimpsing area of the OUTLAW and the enthusiastic comments I have received on the OUTLAW lead me to that conclusion. Let's put it this way, It is the bargain of the year.

Tony

Thanks Tony!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Ola
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia / Sweden
245 Posts

Profile of Ola
It will be hard to satisfy all your criterias. Your points above (1,4 & 5) are hardly compatible. SUC won't satisfy 4&5. The Stealth (or Assassin) won't satisfy 1.
You are a hard man to please.

The closest will probably be The Thought Transmitter.

My 2 cents.

Cheers

Ola
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you are all the same...
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
Hi Ola,

I agree that I'm difficult to please LOL. Just another demanding magician right? Anyway, my immediate goal is to come as close as possible matching the criteria as stated above.

I have a Thought Transmitter, but don't care for it. It looks way too proppy for my taste. Plus, I'd prefer to have the spectator write on the back of a business card because it's a great excuse for handing out your card (for a keep sake). Nevetheless, thanks for adding your 2 cents.

Regards,

Jared
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I bought a card wallet at Walmart for $3.00 and altered it..put the business card face down and get the peek while putting it in your outer breast pocket.. Doc Hillford had a brilliant tip on this on one of his video's
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Ola,

With the Assassin you do not have to re-open the wallet & you can get a very fast peek (remember the SUC is built into it)

Peter
Ola
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia / Sweden
245 Posts

Profile of Ola
Sure Peter.

My comments about the SUC was in relation to the points above. (Being that he wants something that is angle proof and can be handled by the spectator.)

I use the Assassin myself. In fact, I came up with a killer three step (revelation) routine for a themed show last night. I'm so happy with it that I will either put it up in the Assassin Forum or I might send you a video of it for feedback. You might consider it for future releases of material for the wallet.

My thoughts was just that if you have a card in the SUC gaff you can't give the wallet to a spectator to hold. (Well... I did last night but I dumped the card first).

Anyway, I'm sure most peek devises will work in most environments if routined properly. I used the SUC last night almost completely surrounded.

Cheers

Ola
zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Quote:
On 2006-01-06 15:35, Jared wrote:
While my quest for finding an original SUC continues........ I'm trying to find a suitable peek wallet that is nearly as impressive. The considerations include: The Stealth (Assassin might be too much), Brain Scan Wallet, Caper Case, and the Outlaw.

My criteria includes:

1/ I want be able to obtain the peek without having to open the wallet a second time. The actions should appear normal and happen FAST!

2/ The dimensions need to be similar to the size of a standard credit card case (small)as I intend to carry it in my back pocket.

3/ Nicely crafted- something that you'd be pleased to carry without looking too 'proppy'.

4/ Angle worthy- I work mostly walk-around, so angles are always a consideration.

5/ The spectator could casually handle the wallet. If you placed it on his/her palm it wouldn't 'feel' unusual or gimmicky.

Please offer your best advice, it would be greatly appreciated!

-Jared

Two words: Pimpernel Notecase
Ola
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia / Sweden
245 Posts

Profile of Ola
Is the Pimpernel a peek device? It is not marketed as such.

Just curious.

Cheers

Ola
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
It is not marketed as such, but it should be!

It is a hip style wallet too.

I use the assasin and am enjoying it so far.

Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
I would love to see the video Ola!

Regards

Peter
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of slydini
I went on a bit of a wallet binge latley. The only one that I have been using, and I feel most probab;y will be using for the long run is the Stealth Assassin. It does not look "propy" at all. I use it as a regulat walett.
Vision
View Profile
Veteran user
London
395 Posts

Profile of Vision
Personally I would recommend the himber wallet (or my private Demonicon, but that's not available on the market). To be honest, there are so many wallets that have come out recently... seems to be the latest cool thing. SUC still stands very strong, simple and practical.
www.awonderfulmind.blogspot.com
check it out for new products.
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
880 Posts

Profile of e-man
I think the SuC is Highly over rated in the sense that you CAN miss with it.
You can NOT miss with the Caper case.
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
Tigerrune
View Profile
New user
Waterloo, Ontario
35 Posts

Profile of Tigerrune
This is a super useful discussion. I'm just in the market now for a Himber wallet and I was thinking there were too many options for Himber wallets until I came here! I'm admittedly a beginner so I don't know all the acronymns in use yet, but I'll try and track down where I can learn more about the assassin.

Looking for a Himber wallet with a peek option I guess. Fit in hip pocket preferred.

-TR-
-R-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Need help in choosing a Peek wallet! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL