The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Ammar - $2 to two $1 bills (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
I've recently learned this and am very impressed with the reactions from the audience. Do you do this and what is your opinion of the effect? Do you have a special patter or story to use with it?

Thanks

Craig
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1276 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Craig, is this an original Ammar effect? Is it similar to "Two Dollar Window"? Do you use a TT is this routine? Questions, questions!
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Craig, is this in his book or lecture notes?
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16968 Posts

Profile of joseph
The Two Dollar Window, which I have and it is great, is demo'd HERE ....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
It was on his Early Ammar World Class Close-up Volume 2. The Video was on sale for $10 and has a lot of other good magic on it, so it is a better deal then the $2 window. Do a Google search and you should be able to find it. Michael explains that it is an original version of another effect. There is no TT used in Michael's effect. It is similar to the $2 window, but done differently.

Craig
mickey.w
View Profile
Veteran user
HK
310 Posts

Profile of mickey.w
For the record,
the so-called "two dollar window" is another witty Rip-off of the unethical Penguin's.
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
Mickey - I wasn't going to say that, but that is what I was thinking too.

Craig
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
This is of of the items that I carry with me in my checkbook. It never fails to yield good reaction. I tend to use it as a quick trick before or after two card monte and Scotch and Soda.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Quote:
On 2006-01-07 13:33, mickey.w wrote:
For the record,
the so-called "two dollar window" is another witty Rip-off of the unethical Penguin's.

I think this marks the official start of the 2006 Penguin bashing season!!!!
:evilgrin:
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3618 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Ammar's Two Dollar Bill Tear is a modification of a trick from Jerry Mentzer's Close Up Cavalcade books. I forget which volume...

The Two Dollar Window appears to be a weaker variation of these tricks, from the video.
Larry Stangel
View Profile
New user
Rhode Island
92 Posts

Profile of Larry Stangel
It's in the first volume of "Close Up Calvalcade" I learned Mike Ammar's handling from "Encore III". This is one of those items I use to do all the time, I'll have to break it out again.
"you could look it up" Casey Stengel
RP
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of RP
It can also be found on one of his Easy to Master Money Miracles...not sure with volume though. In regards to the original post, I love the reactions to the effect. However, I'm interested in hearing some ideas for patter besides the "they stopped making them cause people would rip them in half to make change" bit.
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
I'm with dramafiji - I also would like to hear ideas on different patter. I've been thinking about it but haven't come up with anything that I think is better yet.

Thanks

Craig
serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
377 Posts

Profile of serge storms
I use 2 $5 bills to a $10 bill and I sometimes go with the "five'll get ya 10" patter - as $2 bills are far less commonplace, I switched to 5's to a 10 years ago. You could of course do 2 $10's to a $20 etc. Using the $5's brings less suspicion in my opinion. Either way, it is a fantastic pocket or wallet effect to have with you everywhere. When I have traveled to Canada and Mexico to perform, I easily made up a quick set with local currency.
"Overkill is Under-rated"
okbohn
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of okbohn
I do the two dollar window -- I love it. I would like to see Ammar do it and see his method...but alas....I don't have the tape and all my money is gone from christmas!
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
I learned this trick from Easy to Master Money Miracles Vol. 2 about 7 years ago. I've been performing it ever since. I pretty much use the patter supplied with the trick, but injecting some of my own lines and personality. It is a very strong trick.

To strengthen this effect, I always follow it up by saying, " some people seem sceptacle when a magician uses his own props...how about if we try it again...but this time we'll use your money". I borrow a $20 or higher and change it into a $1
(my presenation for $100 bill switch). My feeling is the specator is thinking...if he could do that with my money...then he can do that with any money...including the trick they previously saw with the $2 bill.

Rich B.
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
Rich B. - I like that.

Thanks

Craig
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1130 Posts

Profile of APC
And you give them the 1 right Smile
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
Baskitboy5,
I would never do that to an audience...and try and walk away with there money.

I used to present the $100 bill switch traditionally. I always had a problem changing $100 back to a $1. I tried different ideas...but if you could really change a $1 into a $100 why in the world would you change it back.

I also had a spectator try and keep the money once...not a heckler, a women that was a little "slow".

Now when I change a higher denomination bill into a $1, the spectator is begging for me to change it back...its easy. Also this presentation allows for some nice jokes and by-play.

Rich B.
TheRealMagicMike
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas, NV
154 Posts

Profile of TheRealMagicMike
Wow, I've been using that $2 bill trick for more years than I can remember. It was always my opener in a bar because of the visual change and the lightening fast effect. It was a great way to read someone's reaction to magic. I've found that for many people the next thing they say to you is, "can you change it into a hundred???"

Now a days I wait for that line and have "Bill Breaker" ready, made up with a $100 dollar bill and quickly do the basic presentation of transforming a 1 into a 100... works great. That $2 bill trick still is the perfect opener IMO.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Ammar - $2 to two $1 bills (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL