The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Getting Married Tomorrow. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Dear Brian,

Best wishes on this grand adventure!

Because some of the folks here are being less than positive, I will share a couple of wedding stories that I hope will give you good cheer.

My wife and I were married in Las Vegas just over nine years ago. As you probably know, there are many wedding chapels in Las Vegas, and it is a very popular place for weddings. We had just finished the ceremony and were sweeping back into our hotel through the lobby, beaming. I was still in my tux and my new bride was still in her wedding finery. We ran into another couple in wedding attire, and asked them how long they had been married. They said 45 minutes. We told them that we had been married for an hour and a half, and that they'd understand a great deal more about marriage when they had been married as long as we had!

Two weeks later we went to my sister's wedding in Galveston. We joined them in a ride through the streets of historic Galveston in a horse-drawn carriage. The way we were all dressed, it was clear that this was a wedding party. We passed a bar with open-air seating, and some grizzled old graybeards with a great deal of life experience and a lot of experience in bars raised their glasses to us in a toast as we rode past. You could almost see a bit of moisture in their eyes...

Best wishes for some great stories of your own, please share when you get back!

Yours,

Paul
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
My wife and I went to a hotel were couldn't really afford, but it was our wedding night after all.

The clerk behind the desk, took one look and my tux and her gown, and upgraded out simple room to a large suite.

Then we had a fine diner of order in pizza from the restuarant down the street.

Enjoy your life together my friend. Keep on communicating...even if you are angry, keep on communicating. That is the secret to a long marriage. My wife and I have been together 16 years. We've had our ups and downs, but we are still together, and have a beautiful little girl.

It is truly worth it. enjoy.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Hey Brian. Here's the truth. The first 29 years are the toughest. After that, it's smooth sailing.

dpe666...you always crack me up with your in-character responses. My favorite one was, "Foolish mortal." That was sometime last year, I think. It still makes me chuckle.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Skulldini,

17th July 1971...just before my 26th Birthday on the 23July 1971. First kid in 1974 Emma, then Daniel in 1979.Just retired this year. I'm on the " run in" now.
As the song goes .."Lets take it Nice and Easy"
Howard
snm
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of snm
Congratulations on your marriage. Remember, the key to making all relstionships and marriages wonderful and longlasting is "patience."
mike paris
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of mike paris
Congratulations,
I heard some good advice for newlyweds last night on tv.

Treat each day as your last.
Treat each night as your first.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I wonder if they are still married.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2006-01-07 23:52, ChristianR wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-01-07 20:50, GlenD wrote:
Anybody seen Brian ? He mentioned something about getting married and now he won't answer where the honeymoon is supposed to be or anything. What's up with that?
Anyways, Congratulations and we'll see you when we see you (so to speak)!

GlenD

Well some comments here were a little rude, "Another one bites the dust" is just mean. Smile

You are single, aren't you? Smile
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I happen to be married, going on 18 years and have 2 teenage kids!
I was only kidding around, thought it would be obvious and nothing said was rude. At least not in my opinion.
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
A kid asked his dad how much a marriage costs....the father's answer was " I don't know son, I am still paying!" Smile

congratulations to the new couple!!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I read some where the wife stood for Wash, Iron, ****, Etc.

don't let mine see this. or ill be **** Congrats bro.
Lambertmoon
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Lambertmoon
Here is a "The Good Wife Guide" that the ladies seem to not like.

http://j-walk.com/other/goodwife/images/goodwifeguide.gif
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Geese, the wedding is still tomorrow? I came here like a week ago and it said "Getting Married Tomorrow" And came here today and it still says that. Why do you keep putting it off? Smile Notice how he has not answered again. His new wife must not let him on the computer now that shes got him in her trap! Anyway, best of luck again! -Cory.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Quote:
On 2006-01-15 13:40, themagicman101 wrote:
Geese, the wedding is still tomorrow? I came here like a week ago and it said "Getting Married Tomorrow" And came here today and it still says that. Why do you keep putting it off? Smile Notice how he has not answered again. His new wife must not let him on the computer now that shes got him in her trap! Anyway, best of luck again! -Cory.

Okay...

Aside from that, I moved into an apartment with my wife after the wedding, I am busy with getting that taken care of. I also went to the coast for a week following the wedding. And so far, married life is much more enjoyable than coming online and chatting about married life. Bye. Smile
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I hope you took your wife to the coast with you.

As for me, I'm waiting to find a woman who will sign that 'Good wife guide' as a contract.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I remembered that I just got married and had to return back to town to get her. Smile
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2006-01-15 22:00, Brian Proctor wrote:

...so far, married life is much more enjoyable than coming online and chatting about married life. Bye. Smile

Wait Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Getting Married Tomorrow. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL