The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Dusheck thumb tip book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
Anyone know of Steve Dusheck's Thumb Tip work? Do you use it. Can anyone give me a description of the book's contents/ effects?

Thanks
Shanester
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
674 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Although Dushecks a clever guy this book was a waste of money to me. I do not use a single item from it. The bulk of the effects use a thumb tip that has been modified in one way or another and the effects did not grab me: A coin rubbed on your lapel vanishes and a flower appears in it's place, sponge french fries are inserted into your hand and vanish, a silk is pushed into the top of your fist and a different colored silk comes out the bottom, etc.. 16 pages of the 62 page book detail Steve's experiments with TT's that did not work!
In my opinion, you'll do a lot better with books like Darwin's Thumb Tip Miracles and Bob Chesbro's The Tipnician. Heck, even Milbourne Christopher's 1948 booklet 50 Tricks with a Thumb Tip contain more usable effects.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I use one effect from his book, a little color changing silk thing. But on the whole the book is shallow. I like the fact that he included his failed attempts. But there weren't enough successes. This book should have been made as a pamphlet. I had less padded high-school essays. Unless you want to make a whole arsenal of swiss army TTs, skip this book.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
It's an interesting book - but more a book of ideas of different applications/modifications for a TT.

If you're looking for a good TT book, Patrick Page's booklet is excellent.

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
Thanks for the advice, looks like this is one to skip

Shanester
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Dusheck thumb tip book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL