The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » New Website (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ben Proudfoot
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Ben Proudfoot
Hello All,

Please check out my newly revamped website. I am certainly NOT a web designer or anything like the sort so any advice from those in the know would be very helpful.

Ben
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
That's a great looking website - very nice.
By the way, your schizoid vanish is spectacular!

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Ben Proudfoot
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Ben Proudfoot
Thank You Taliesin - I worked very hard on that coin vanish.

Any other advice or constructive criticism?

Ben
bmworldtour
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of bmworldtour
Bproud - I also think its a nice looking web site -way to go on the schiznoid vanish it looks great
Ben Proudfoot
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Ben Proudfoot
Thanks,

Ben
bmworldtour
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of bmworldtour
May I ask why you have those advertisement banners on there - I think your site would look better without that advertisement banner on there - can that be removed? but like I said before the site looks great anyway - just a thought -
Ben Proudfoot
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Ben Proudfoot
Hi BM World tour,

I paid the $30 about a month ago to get rid of the banner, but the company still hasnt gotten back to me.

Ben
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Ben proudfoot is your name and you should be proudfoot of your website. I even took up on some of the ioffers from the website.

Criss
ok tc
Philosophry
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Philosophry
Ben, whenever I try to go to http://www.benproudfoot.com the browser spends a long time trying to connect to http://www.funtigo.com and then displays a blank page.
Ben Proudfoot
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Ben Proudfoot
Hi Philosophry,

Ya, I guess Funtigo was down last night - I coudn't get on either. Its up now though.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ben
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
As always, it great!
Philosophry
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Philosophry
Hi Ben, I found your site and there's some good stuff on there Smile

I'm concerned that you paid $30 to get rid of the banners and they are still there. I'd consider moving hosts if I were you.
Ben Proudfoot
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Ben Proudfoot
So would I, but its not the hosting - its the design - the site you see when you go to my site is a FREE site - I just spent a lot of time on it and forwarded the domain. SO, there is not html code or anything - its just stored on their website. I did the free thing because I have little to no skill in html and the like. Sucks, but the ads aren't too too bad.

Ben
Philosophry
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Philosophry
The ads aren't very intrusive, it's just that if you paid to get rid of them they should be gone.

You've designed it well. If one day you want to learn HTML you'll probably pick it up quite quickly.
Ben Proudfoot
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Ben Proudfoot
Thanks Philosophry,

What type of magic are you into?

Ben
Philosophry
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Philosophry
I like all aspects of magic. I like devising tricks more than performing. I used to do comedy but not for years, I rather create the effect and get someone else to perform it. At the moment, I'm trying to devise a self-working book test.
Ben Proudfoot
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Ben Proudfoot
Cool - sounds interesting - do you frequent conventions?

Ben
Philosophry
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Philosophry
No, I've never been. I'd like to though.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Ben, I did notice that you site design kndof looks like a piczo one, is that the one it is? It does look very good. How did you get a free site to become a .com? And what do you guys mean by HTML codes? My dad is getting a site made for himself (Hes the manager of Gallupe Construction) and I was thinking while he was at it, I could get one made. But all I want to do is get my current piczo site transferred to a .com so it is easier to accsess and you can search me on google. I would also like to add movies, is this what you did ben? Did you just make a free site and transfer? If so, how do you get videos on? Thanks.
Ben Proudfoot
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Ben Proudfoot
I'll tell you on MSN Cory - it's complicated.

Ben
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » New Website (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL