The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Card Stunts by Gregory Wilson Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

john_herm
View Profile
New user
NJ
69 Posts

Profile of john_herm
Great. I give it a 9 1/2 out of 10.

Heavyweight Boxing
Greg does a great job of teaching this, going over the moves a few times each. The only thing I didn't like was that the gimmick could have been explained better.

Phoenix Split
Again, this is taught well. Greg makes it very clear on how to split the first card, but the second is confusing. I can't say anything about the Jack production, because I do not do that part. Phoenix Split is one of my favorite effects in the DVD.

Reset with a Hook
I love this effect. Everything is explained very well. Reset with a Hook is on of my favorite effects on the DVD.

Boomerang Card of Death
VERY hard. I can't do it. It could have been explained better.

Boxspring
This is taught very well. The only problem is doing the spring/squeeze to make the card look like it came out of the box, it is not explained too well.

Joke in the Box
I really like the idea of a card under glass effect without the cards getting wet. It is taught well. I really like the ending, and the scoop change.

G-Force
I really like this one too. I like the force that is taught when you cut packets into the spectator's hand. The two card transposition is also very cool.

Revalation in Spades
As Greg says, this one is a real knuckle-buster. The good thing is that you can add in your own moves, which is what I did. RIS is one of my favorite effects on the DVD.

Best Effects (my opinion)
1. Revalation in Spades
2. Reset with a Hook
3. Phoenix Split

Rating: 9 1/2 out of 10

Posted: Jan 12, 2006 4:35pm
--------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have anything to say about my review?
john_herm
View Profile
New user
NJ
69 Posts

Profile of john_herm
Does anyone have anything to say about my review?
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Good review, I think to fix the problems you were encountering, you just have to practice a little more... specially the phoenix split... its not a hard move, just knacky
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Shikina
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
260 Posts

Profile of Shikina
I enjoyed your review. What I particularly like about this set of magic by Mr. Wilson is that while I don't do any of the routines shown on the dvd, each one is filled with wonderful moves/presentational ideas, etc. I have never had a dvd where I took as much from it, and yet never perform any of the routines.
john_herm
View Profile
New user
NJ
69 Posts

Profile of john_herm
Quote:
On 2006-01-12 19:32, Shikina wrote:
I enjoyed your review. What I particularly like about this set of magic by Mr. Wilson is that while I don't do any of the routines shown on the dvd, each one is filled with wonderful moves/presentational ideas, etc. I have never had a dvd where I took as much from it, and yet never perform any of the routines.

I agree, although I use 1 or 2 of the routines.
snm
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of snm
Gregory Wilson is a wonderful performer and his material is top-notch.
TKE
View Profile
Veteran user
FL
346 Posts

Profile of TKE
Greg wilson is one of my favorite performers and teachers..I have his on the spot and hundy 500 vids and waiting for his double take dvd in the mail..ive heard card stunts is really really really challenging stuff..i still might take a wack at it sometime along the line..i heard it is similar to his pyro..pasteboards vid. which I havent heard anything about
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Card Stunts by Gregory Wilson Review (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL