The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Criss Angel Levitation Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
J. Rose
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of J. Rose
I am pretty overwhelmed by the amount of things that is needed to create this miracle. From what I read, I knew it was going to take a little work, but it seems more than just a little to me. DVD content was very detailed however; it was throughly explained to everything you need and how to make it work. Everything on the DVD is broken down into segments which is great so you could just go straight to things you need a review over. Overall I have no complaints. I will try to modifiy it a bit in my style; however, I would like to get other peoples views on it who own this DVD.

To all those who have this and attempted to make it. Please PM as I have questions regarding several things about "the gimmick" and whether or not you could use other types of...well, you know. I'll give you proof that I own the Masterminds 2 just ask me anything that was on the DVD. Thanks
Bob Saget Rocks
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Bob Saget Rocks
That's good to hear you like it. I get my dvd in a few days in the mail, I just ordered it; so I will have a review ready of the DVD within this week.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
To much work for me personally I figured as much but cant deal with all the arts and crafts.
Bob Saget Rocks
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

This isn't a disadvantage to me..because I am pshyced to have a project to work on that will have awesome results, and plus...building it yourself means you can customize it to your style.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Anyone have a review of the effect itself? Practical use and angle sensitivity? Setup? Looks cool.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
How does this compare with icarus?
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
Bob Saget Rocks
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Once I get the DVD, I am going to build it as quick as I can then I can post a review. I still have seen NO reviews of the actual effect and gimmick, just the DVD.

It seems a lot of people getting the DVD are too lazy to build it?
J. Rose
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of J. Rose
Quote:
On 2006-01-13 15:15, Bob Saget Rocks wrote:
It seems a lot of people getting the DVD are too lazy to build it?

I'll second that...including myself
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I don't have the DVD yet. I think it is waiting at home though. I hope I am not to lazy to build this.
Dr Dark
View Profile
New user
North West UK
55 Posts

Profile of Dr Dark
Got this yesterday and am very pleased with my purchase.
I must stress there really is a lot of work to do with this illusion, the dvd goes into every single piece of detail you could wish for. but you really will need a good seemstress to do most of the work for you. your granny with a sewing kit just wont cut it. if you can invest the time and effort to make this properly then it is well worth it. I do suspect that less than 10% of the people who buy this will end up with a working practicle gimmik. that's fine by me as I will have something pretty unique. I am also fortunate as my mrs is a seemstress by trade and is making mine right now, in my own style too to fit my act. if anyone wants this making p.m. me and I will see what I can do.

regards, Doc.
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Is this the one he did on T.V. in Vegas. My only question is, and I hope I'm not asking too much, but can you only levitate certain people, Thanks, Ed.
P.S. I think I already might know the answer.
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Hogle
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
133 Posts

Profile of Hogle
In my humble opinion, this dvd is nothing more than Garbage!
And the price is way to high.
Not recommended!

Greetings from Germany
Daniel
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
The effect itself:
All front and side angles are shot. This effect only works from the back viewing.
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
Sooty
View Profile
Regular user
London, England
140 Posts

Profile of Sooty
Saw the demo on the first DVD. Looked more like a tilt forward rather then a true straight up levitation. The fact it can only be done from behind (oo-er!) is too restrictive....and no peeking under those floating feet!
J. Rose
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of J. Rose
Quote:
On 2006-01-14 14:33, Sooty wrote:
Saw the demo on the first DVD. Looked more like a tilt forward rather then a true levitation. The fact it can only be done from behind (oo-er!) is too restrictive....and no peeking under those floating feet!

My thoughts exactly. It looks better perform though rising up to a surface. The chair and cement bench were great examples.
Sooty
View Profile
Regular user
London, England
140 Posts

Profile of Sooty
I agree the effect looked better rising up to another surface, it steps up the effect somewhat.
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
And, if you rise up to something, peeking under the feet is possible.
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
So is there anyone commenting with a comparison between this and Icarus Effect?
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
LDM
View Profile
Loyal user
Upstate New York
278 Posts

Profile of LDM
I have both. Icarus blows Criss' out of the water. It's not that Criss isn't good - it's well put together and has some good ideas. However, it's not that I'm too lazy to put it together; I just think it's going to be way too difficult for me.

With Icarus, the building process won't be difficult and will be fun. Plus, the final gimmick, although I haven't built it yet, will be better than Criss'.

Although there is a large price difference, it's for a reason. I honestly think that the majority of those who purchase Criss' will not build it.
magicforu
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of magicforu
Yes, Me too I will not built it....just watch the DVD for fun....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Criss Angel Levitation Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL