The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Captured! the outlaw magic of Lonnie Chevrie REVIEW (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
I would like to thank the Godfather for reccommending "Wanted!" the outlaw magic of Lonnie Chevrie. This is the first of a two DVD set that are sold separately and this one contains 5 effects. It id avaliable at Hocus Pocus.

The visuals are clear and crisp, along with fine audio, and the explanations are wonderful.

I rate all effects on a 1 to 10 scale with 10 being the best.

Counterfeiter is a nice effect that changes a white piece of paper into a one dollar bill. Ir frequires a TT. Slightly different than some of the other changes I have seen.
I rate this an EIGHT.

String'Em Up A version of the gypsy thread trick using dental floss. This is easy to set up and perform. When you tear off several pieces of dental floss and join them together... it really amazes your audience. Great patter and explanation.
I think this is the best effect on the DVD and I rate it a TEN.

Two Bits In A Bottle. A quarter magically goes into a small bottle with a cap on top. To get the coin out you unscrew the cap and use a pair of tweesers to pull it out. Lonnie uses a clear bottle for this trick. This is my least favorite effect on this DVD.
I give this effect a SIX.

A Stab In The Dark A card is selected and placed back into the deck. This is a card stab routine using a letter opener and the cards are sealed in a white envelope. Lonnie uses a clever method to find the card. This is easy to setup and perform and it doesn't require a force.
I like this routine a lot and I give it an NINE.

Game Of Chance is Lonnie's version of a chop cup routine. He uses one cup and two small balls, two large sponge balls, and he finishes with a potatoe in the cup.
This is easy to setup and perform.
I give this effect an SEVEN.

Personallly I use Sting em up, Counterfeiter, and A stab in the Dark.
Overall I highly reccomend this DVD and I give the entire DVD an EIGHT.

I hope this review helps in your decision of purchasing or not purchasing this DVD.

Mr. Mike
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
I made an ERROR... The review above is for WANTED the outlaw magic of Lonnie Chevrie. I accidently put the title as Captured. I am sorry for the error.

Mr. Mike
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5367 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Mike, I agree...these are a great dvd set...i think that if a guy bought both dvd's he could make a living form just the magic on them alone!

lok for more stuff from lonnie in 2006
koz
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17029 Posts

Profile of joseph
I like 2 Bits in a Bottle, but I think lots of magicians are having difficulty locating the proper bottle for this....And I agree with your review....great stuff...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
ekins
View Profile
Elite user
Portland, Oregon
418 Posts

Profile of ekins
How close is "2 Bits in a Bottle" to John Bannon's "Vacuum Packed"? It also uses a small clear capped bottle and tweezers.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5367 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Its the same, only its NOT john bannons effect, its chevries...bannon BORROWED it without permission

koz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Captured! the outlaw magic of Lonnie Chevrie REVIEW (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL