The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Strolling Psychic Entertainment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I'm just curious,
does anyone else do psychic entertainment (readings) as walk-around or table side entertainment? If so, what type of venue and what type of readings do you do?

Tony
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
I occasionally do walk-around, table-side readings for both corporate parties and private engagements. My speciality is palmistry, and I most often use that divination tool when I am engaged to do walk-around work. However, I generally work from a specified table and can offer tarot as well as numerology readings along with my palmistry.

Joe Z.
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
vsha2
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of vsha2
Hi Tony, maybe you can tell everyone about your work. I'm sure people would be intersted to find out more about working in this setting. I've been thinking about if for a while.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The Thought Transmitter is my strongest ESP of entertainment. A lot of patrons in restaurants tell me to tell their future after The Thought Transmitter. The #1 thing I do is look at their palm and say, "A year from now you will be a year older."
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1140 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Take a look at the "Brain Scan Wallet" on the Magicians page of my website! It might be just what your looking for! I use it all the time while strolling.
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I do hand and palm reading, and tarot reading in the tabled environment, restaraunts, night clubs, ... The hand reading works well because you can get close to the person and she can hear you, even if there is a lot of ambiant noise. This works well in the stand-up/walk around setting as well. Tarot takes up a bit of space, it only works if I have a table. I used to do it where I had a table set up and people would come to me if they wanted a reading, but this is not really a practical method in most environments (creates a traffic jam when you're busy, and if your not, it is noticed). Tarot creates another problem, it is difficult to stop in the middle of a reading and event the simpliest reading can take 3 to 5 minutes, multiply that times 4 people at a table and you have quite a bit of time that you must spend. In the meantime, management is waiting for the table so they can seat another group. With hand reading, I can get around this by reading the group at the same time.

The reason for the post was to find others here who actually do this as well, find out what they do (some may do numerology, crystals, aura reading, face reading, graphology, or any other method. There are environmental issues we have to overcome, lighting, space, ... I'd like to compare and contrast some of the techniques that we have to overcome these issues. (Help each other out, if you may.)

Tony
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
I perform quite a bit of close-up mentalism I my strolling of restaurants when I work. Although the Thought Transmitter is a very good effect it should not be used as the focal point of a mind reading effect. You should find a way to blur it into the background. So that the people don't say... Let me see that wallet thing!!!.... The people should applaude you not the wallet.

Some simple and very good routines can be found in Mark Stivings Mobile Mentalism.

I would suggest checkingoutthe mind reading sections on the Café' also.

For more ideas.....
One I use a lot is a Swami gimmick.. Do a search for that also.
You should check out as much informationas you can on Richard Osterlind and Banachek. They have lots of effects for close-up

Shaun
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
noumena
View Profile
Regular user
Orange County, CA
136 Posts

Profile of noumena
Tony,

Before my stage and theater show took off I performed as the house mentalist as Café Tu Tu Tango in Orange County, CA for 2 years twice a week. I learned a lot and took extensive notes after every week. To much information to post here. I am making a few aperances there to promote my new theater show until March. Since being back there two nights now I realize how specialized such a performance is.

I get to spend about 20 min at each table I perform for. All I use are my business cards and a pen. I also perform a lot of silverware bending. I won't give away my routines here, but I perform mostly direct mind reading pieces. I also perform my own version of Maven's Desire routine. It is in this routine that I add a great deal of cold reading under the guise of graphology and personality reading. This piece last about 8-10 minutes.

I think the real art is in knowing the pacing of the kitchen, gaining a strong respect from the staff, and being able to read what tables will truly be excited to see you.

PM me if you want to discuss more details.

- Brandon Cross
themagicofjoseph
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of themagicofjoseph
I do table-hopping in a few of the areas restaurants during the week and save the weekends for other shows. I use mentalism and metal bending in my closeup gigs. Psycokenetic time by Banechek. Stage type involves Newspaper headline prediction, word predictions from a book and a few others. Mentalism in a restaurant setting, in my view, works wonders. Presentation is everything as in all effects.
Magically,
Joseph
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Strolling Psychic Entertainment (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL