The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favorite Annemann Effect (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
mackmania
View Profile
Regular user
Orange County
137 Posts

Profile of mackmania
I wanted to see everyone's favorite Annemann Effects. Mine is either Magic vs. Mindreading or Fourth Dimensional Telepathy.

Cheers,
mackmania
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." ---Joseph "the Amazing" Dunninger
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
The Bullet Catch.

- entity
DonMarco
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of DonMarco
What a great topic!

So tough though, almost like "what's your favorite movie" or "what's your favorite song"...it's just so hard to pick just one!

So forgive me if I give you three in no particular order:

"Fourth Dimension Telepathy"
"Tervil"
"Telepathy Plus"

Each one of these could be built into a big beautiful piece of theatre, and I have received much applause using them. Whenever people swell after watching me perform material that is over seventy years old, I can't help but think "that's for you Ted, you truly did outlive us all."

Cheers,
Don Marco
"Imagination is the Only Reality"-- Marquis de Sade
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2926 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Tervil is awesome. It's in PMM, but I think the author may be Orville Meyer. Besides Annemann, Mr. Meyer was my other favorite author from that book. He has some really good stuff.

There's a lot of really great Annemann tricks. I like A Question is Answered. There's also a nice slate writing trick that uses business cards. It's in "Annemann's Mental Bargain Effects".

There's another trick from "The Book Without a Name" that I've been meaning to master for a long time. So many tricks, so little time.
Caspar
View Profile
Veteran user
Tacoma
316 Posts

Profile of Caspar
There really are some gems hidden in Practical Mental Magic and the Book Without A Name, so precious are they it is a shame that these books sell for pennies. I learn something everytime I open the pages.
Joe Xavier
View Profile
Regular user
Borneo Islands
149 Posts

Profile of Joe Xavier
Quote:
There really are some gems hidden in Practical Mental Magic and the Book Without A Name, so precious are they it is a shame that these books sell for pennies. I learn something everytime I open the pages.

Yes... Exactly. I was very surprised at the vast knowledge I can get from Practical Mental Magic! I wonder why a lot of mentalists overlook the routines in it. It's straightforward, powerful and ... practical!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
It is said that with PME and 13 steps and a little time - you could create/reinvent a ton of the modern stuff now out there with a little time and patience - theya re full of gems - plus it is fun updating the ideas - for those who say their time has past - they have no idea how to read a book to pull out concepts as opposed to looking for a recipe
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Juan D
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Juan D
Quote:
On 2006-01-12 07:56, Dr Spektor wrote:
It is said that with PME and 13 steps and a little time - you could create/reinvent a ton of the modern stuff now out there with a little time and patience - theya re full of gems - plus it is fun updating the ideas - for those who say their time has past - they have no idea how to read a book to pull out concepts as opposed to looking for a recipe

Do not buy those books
Stick to the latest videos and gizmos
Leave those "old" gems to me

As for a favorite effect, I used to perform entire acts out from PME alone.
fred200
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of fred200
Mi vote is for fourth dimensional telepathy.
TheNightBringer89
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of TheNightBringer89
Fourth Dimensional Telepathy and Par-Optic vision gets my vote. Not only as my favorite Anneman effect but my favorite effects period.
"Dreams are born of imagination, fed upon illusions, and put to death by reality."

It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong,
If you're not like the others then you don't belong.
Giacomo Moretti
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Giacomo Moretti
I found it nearly impossible to reduce it to one favorite effect. Here are my favorite effects from PMM:

- A Day in Your Life
- The Germain Gem
- Graphology
- The Perfect Book Test
- Symmyst
- "40,000 words" and "Another Dictionary Effect"
- Taps!
- Pseudo-Psychometry
- Just an Echo
- With Sight Unseen
- The Brain Wave Deck

Best,
G.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
4th also.
Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
T+ for me
Zebaztian
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
655 Posts

Profile of Zebaztian
Quote:
On 2006-01-11 22:06, ElliottB wrote:
Tervil is awesome. It's in PMM, but I think the author may be Orville Meyer. Besides Annemann, Mr. Meyer was my other favorite author from that book. He has some really good stuff.

Tervil is great, is there more information on Orville Meyer?
My mind reading routines: http://www.basjongenelen.nl/goocheltrucs/. Scroll a bit down to the English routines.
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of WDavis
Quote:
On 2006-01-12 07:56, Dr Spektor wrote:

more truth in this statement than most of posts on the Café.
As for me?
I'm partial to Voodoo
-isi
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
4DT....but with Bob Cassidy's method.

Coz
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1519 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Eyes of the Unknown - Greta Annemann
marklock
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of marklock
Par Optic Vision and 4DT
pete
View Profile
Loyal user
Finland
207 Posts

Profile of pete
Pseudo Psychometry. Fantastic routine and can be done so many different ways.

PP
Eddiep1960
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Eddiep1960
Telepathy Plus for me .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favorite Annemann Effect (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL