The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Chance Mentalism with Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
Hi, I'm new so don't laugh at this idea. In fact, I doubt it's unique. I've been trying card effects based on a theory that 80% of spectators will "think of" 1 of just a few cards - actually I have it down to 7 or so. If they don't think of one of the cards I want them to, I just do a different trick like the ambitious card. If they do, I'm "golden". The possibilities are endless. With some misdirection and/or funny or mysterious patter, the spectator is slayed by their card being in my shoe, or a tattoo, or in their pocket or outside the glass (window), etc. I remove these cards from the deck, and place them elsewhere. They become invisible and reappear, etc. It's a lot of fun. I also try suggestive body language to help with this chance "force". Has anyone experimented with this idea?
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Occasionally I'll do something similar with any two cards.
When I remove a deck from the box I'll peek the two bottom cards and remember them.
As I remove the deck I leave the two peeked cards in the box.
Later I'll ask what card they want to use for the next trick.
If I hit then fine, if not I'll move on or do a card to box effect.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
Thanks, Jaz,
Sounds good. I find the more I build up the effect - the more amazing it seems to the spectator. This of course is true for most effects.
Aubrey de Wet
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa, Johannesburg
110 Posts

Profile of Aubrey de Wet
Check out 'Pure Effect' by Derren Brown for some info regarding his thoughts on mental card forces. May be some help to you.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
Thanks, Aubrey!
I checked it out, and it sounds like something I could get a lot out of. I'm ordering a copy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Chance Mentalism with Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL