The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index ŧ ŧ Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads ŧ ŧ Complete Acidus Novus package (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fred200
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of fred200
Hi just I got my Acidus Novus by Millard Logman and produced by Loren Tindall and I have to say that I'm very happy with it!!! What you get is a multimedia cd with the basic handling of the Acidus Novus, how to peek in the 4 corners to the billet, 15 video-clips of the content of the book{this is great for not English speaker as me}that help to understand clear and perfectly the diferents peeks, the billet reading act a Q&A routine by millar logman, the templates necesaries for some of the routines, 18 routines for great mentalist like Osterlind, Greg Arce, John Riggs, Banacheck, Alain Nu and much more, the actual correspondence of Millard and Al Mann and a conversation of Millard and Roy Shubert's. I have not heard this one yet so I will give more thoughts in a couple of days after of play with this.
aawb122pm
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of aawb122pm
I second fred200 as this is an excellent package. My best purchase for years.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2221 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Where is this available? I need to know more about it!
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
415 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
How does this compare with Richard Busch's fantastic Peek Performances and Peek encores?

I ask as the Busch manuscripts contain Richard's own take on the classic "Acidus Novus", so my question is should I have both. Obviously it would be great to own the Millard Longman material, but it isn't cheap. (well that is relatve I suppose, it IS very inxpensive I am sure for what it is, but you know what I mean).

Thanks
Simon
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6474 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
You can see some reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1971 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I love my Mentalism history - I adore books such as the Chan Canasta book which give you an insight not just into technique but into the performer also. If you are like me then you will appreciate the inclusion of correspondence between Millard and Al.

And the routines. Lotīs of routines, so many varied and well-known names contribute. Another reviewer said that anyone reading should get at least one or two routines that they will use, and I will agree. In many ways this is the most fascinating part of the book as there are not that many modern billet routines in print.

And thatīs not to mention the audio portion which I havenīt had a chance to listen to yet. An interview with an Al Mann expert and a discussion of the Question and Answer act (quite possibly the cleanest, most direct and I will bet destined to become the most overlooked, version of such acts). And Sssh...donīt tell anyone but that Pendulum peek is going RIGHT into my arsenal.

I donīt know how long this will be available for so get it whilst you can and be part of history in the making. As far as I am concerned this kind of presentation and package should be the the future of Mentalism and I hope other authors follow suit. DVDīs can be entertaining but also unspeakably dull when it comes to the explanations part - so much is gone into detail yet sometimes some important stuff gets left out. Yet books can be unsatisfying when trying to unravel "fold point a to point b then tear where the dotted line indicates" instructions. For me, this presentation is the best of both worlds.

So get it, be part of something special AND get hold of some devastating techniques and routines.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1971 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Quote:
On 2006-01-15 08:10, Bananafish wrote:
How does this compare with Richard Busch's fantastic Peek Performances and Peek encores?

I ask as the Busch manuscripts contain Richard's own take on the classic "Acidus Novus", so my question is should I have both. Obviously it would be great to own the Millard Longman material, but it isn't cheap. (well that is relative I suppose, it IS very inexpensive I am sure for what it is, but you know what I mean).

Thanks
Simon

Well, for a start it is based on one technique only, albeit with numerous variations. But that one technique is thoroughly explored and explained. But then how many of the Busch techniques do you actually use? Most tend to have one or two favourites.

Whilst you can learn Buschīs own version of Acidus Novus with his "Busch Billet" in Peek Encores, you are learning HIS own take and handling, NOT the original. I have mentioned before that it is not a handling I personally like so perhaps I am biased but I think it is valuable to go back to the source material. And there are many many variations on the CD.

Plus itīs not just the technique, itīs the routines and the history and the video...
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1971 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Whoops, slipped up on my review...here it is again in itīs entirety.

There is often much debate about the value of billet work in this modern age. It appears that more and more Mentalists are walking down the electronic gimmick path to achieve their miracles. Whilst such electronics can create miracles, there are obvious limitations in their use for impromptu work. And regardless of paid performances and bookings, impromptu work is often the cornerstone of a Mentalists existence.

Which brings us back to billets - an obvious source for impromptu work. The first decade of the 21st Century has already brought us several significant works on billets. Richard Buschīs two volumes, Alain Bellonīs Obsidian Oblique and Allen Zinggīs Billets Naturally. All deserve a place in teh Mentalistīs library. Apart from the last which is a book devoted to billet switches, Busch and Bellon owe a debt to the Granddaddy of peeks, Millard Longman. And itīs neatly ironic that this Grandaddy has re-visited his famous Acidus Novus technique and gives us a work that truly takes Mentalism teaching into the 21st Century.

Itīs not cheap, and thatīs maybe a good thing. Whilst you can learn the basic secret from another Mentalistīs DVD for a fraction of the price, any good Mentalist knows the REAL secrets of Mentalism lie not just in the physical techniques.

So what do you get for your money? A look at the advert tells you all you need to know. Of course, adverts for Mentalism products can often be misleading but rest assured this particular advert is not.

You will learn seemingly countless variations of the standard technique, all illustrated with colour photos. As if that was not enough, you also get to see the man in action showing how to perform each and every variation. And itīs all so natural. There was a debate recently on part of the Café forum regarding folding a billet with one-hand. I am glad to see that Millard sits on my side of that debate fence and points out, quite rightly, how normal people handle business cards.

I love my Mentalism history - I adore books such as the Chan Canasta book which give you an insight not just into technique but into the performer also. If you are like me then you will appreciate the inclusion of correspondence between Millard and Al.

And the routines. Lotīs of routines, so many varied and well-known names contribute. Another reviewer said that anyone reading should get at least one or two routines that they will use, and I will agree. In many ways this is the most fascinating part of the book as there arenīt that many modern billet routines in print.

And thatīs not to mention the audio portion which I havenīt had a chance to listen to yet. An interview with an Al Mann expert and a discussion of the Question and Answer act (quite possibly the cleanest, most direct and I will bet destined to become the most overlooked, version of such acts). And Sssh...donīt tell anyone but that Pendulum peek is going RIGHT into my arsenal.

I donīt know how long this will be available for so get it whilst you can and be part of history in the making. As far as I am concerned this kind of presentation and package should be the the future of Mentalism and I hope other authors follow suit. DVDīs can be entertaining but also unspeakably dull when it comes to the explanations part - so much is gone into detail yet sometimes some important stuff gets left out. Yet books can be unsatisfying when trying to unravel "fold point a to point b then tear where the dotted line indicates" instructions. For me, this presentation is the best of both worlds.

So get it, be part of something special AND get hold of some devastating techniques and routines.
dafin77
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of dafin77
I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere already, but how does what's taught here--in Logman's release--compare to the version of Acidus ("Acidus Plus") taught in Osterlind's "Easy to Master..." series?
David Finkelstein
dafin77@hotmail.com
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Where I can purchase this??

RandyM
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
I'm a long time user of Millard's Acidus Novus and I have even created routines and alternative ways of peeking it myself, for my own use.

Acidus Novus is, with OO, one of the best peek methods available today and you can't go wrong with it.

The link to order it is

http://www.mevproshop.com/acidus-novus.html
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
Quote:
On 2006-04-26 00:11, dafin77 wrote:
I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere already, but how does what's taught here--in Logman's release--compare to the version of Acidus ("Acidus Plus") taught in Osterlind's "Easy to Master..." series?

Just to set the record straight...

As Bartlewizard has previously explained in his review, Millard Longman's release is an exhaustive treatise on his peek technique known as Acicus Novus. Osterlind's Easy to Master series includes his presentation of "Acidus Plus," which is a misnomer -- the technique that Osterlind explains is the Azonic Force peek using an index card ("Acidus Plus" is the name of Al Mann's manuscript that contains descriptions of Longman's Acidus Novus and Mann's Azonic Force techniques among others). The Azonic Force peek is a wonderful technique, but it is not the same as the Longman Acidus Novus technique.

What this means is this -- if you want to learn Millard Longman's Acidus Novus technique, then you will want to procure the Longman package.

Incidentally, Osterlind explains his version of the Acidus Novus peek on the first of his Mind Mysteries DVDs which explains his complete act. His description may be found in the explanation of his excellent Watch routine.

Joe Z.
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
brooklyn
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of brooklyn
I just received my copy of the "Complete Acidus Novus Package". I've used Acdus Novus for many years, with great success. This CD with video clips and PDF book are a must have for anyone serious about mentalism and billets. There are several templates for the Acidus billet and an expande explanation of Millard's Q & A, which is simple and has great commercial potential. These, combined with the video clips and interviews, make it well worth the asking price. It is a great value.

George K.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index ŧ ŧ Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads ŧ ŧ Complete Acidus Novus package (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL