The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Miracles for Mortals - A Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2279 Posts

Profile of Logan
Fooksau,

Wise choice my friend.

Do let us know of your thoughts when you've watched them!

Take care,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of fooksau
Hey guys,

Thanks for the advise. I really liked the first volume a lot. The second one was okay, but I think worth it for EAR.

Thanks again.
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
zing82
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
218 Posts

Profile of zing82
By the way has anybody tried constructing the EAR gimmick? Alternatively, is there any way I can buy the "already constructed" gimmick?

Cheers
Alvin
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17038 Posts

Profile of joseph
Yes ... I constructed one, and it turned out great...I had and old am radio
in my sock drawer, and bought a nicely made item (you know) at Radio Shack..
As far as I know, it is not a marketed effect....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
253 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
Zing,
Geoff sells them if you don't want to make your own
wa-na-be
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of wa-na-be
Reviews on these DVD's are great and totally right. All the tricks are great this one is a killer.

"Everythings a radio"

I have made the "Everythings a radio" and used it at a few parties, what a reaction! I did make it to where I can unplug all the connections and also added an external speaker on a chain, this way the radio does not show. I put the radio in my back pocket.

If you have not bought these DVD's you should...

Chris
paulmaccabee
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, MN
24 Posts

Profile of paulmaccabee
Geoff Williams was kind enough to perform a night of walk-around close-up at my agency's 10th anniversary party last June -- most of it drawn from these two "Miracle for Mortals" DVDs. A highlight of the evening was his exquisite "Just a Bit More Ultimate than John Mendoza's Ultimate Torn & Restored Card" from Volume One. Geoff slayed the crowd, with the audience literally howling with astonishment. Plus, his dead-pan goofball humor is a hoot.
Paul
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Miracles For Mortals is a KILLER set and contains some of the best close-up magic I've ever seen and now perform.

If you LOVE entertaining yoru audience, this is a MUST have set.

Order direct from Kozmo Magic: http://kozmomagic.com/
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Definitely need to check this out!

Mike
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Volume 2 was delivered today, very good stuff!

I was a bit surprised that the spongeball routine was not shown, only explained.This was one of the reasons I got the DVD. I know I can figure out the routine or use the moves for my own, I just found it odd.

Devastation more than made up for my unhappiness Smile

I just did it for my fiancee & she said, "that was...... really........... WOW"!

Mike
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I asked about that and it was just an error in editing that wasn't noticed.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17038 Posts

Profile of joseph
You wonder how they can spend months working on a dvd, and not take 2 hours to watch it when it is finished.. Smile .. Anyways, it is still a great set....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Barry Daugherty
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
133 Posts

Profile of Barry Daugherty
Quote:
On 2008-02-26 00:58, MagicSanta wrote:
I asked about that and it was just an error in editing that wasn't noticed.

Very interesting. I was curious about this as well. Do they have any plans to upload the performance footage anywhere for us to see? Just curious. I didn't know who you asked, but it could be neat to suggest this.

And Mr. Mike, I use Electrical Artlet for kid's shows as well. But, I must say you provide awesome ideas! I would never have considered using sparks, but it's a fun idea! Would you mind if others used that idea?

Thanks!
Barry
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5372 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Guys, that dvd set was shot in a very short period of time geoff didn't have a lot of time when he was in town to work....so the plan was to have live performances of a lot of the stuff on the dvd set BUT that one didn't get done.....actually there were several mistakes made on the set and I apoligize for those....BUT its a great set and sold very, very well...thanks to all that bought it...i kind of beleive that geoff and I will be doing more in the fall of this year and we have already discussed the idea of him staying much longer than the first trip....

lots of live performances AND we will likely shoot the performance of that trick and put another explanation on that dvd for you guys to see...
sorry about the problem..

I really like the new john luka dvd that's being released in march..some very practical magic that is directly from his new book "uncovered" 8 effects and ALL workers ...6 card, a 3 ball effect and a coin production 3 fly and vamish routine...again all real world..

by the way we like the geoff williams dvd's so much we are releasing JUST the I hate david Copperfield trick as a seperate dvd for $20 and we have a new trailer for the eintire set that's really funny .....also reel magic quartelys is due out april first does this sould like blatant plugs to anyone? Smile

thanks again guys
koz
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Geoff was nice enough to send me a copy of the script for the sponge balls.

The I Hate David Copperfield trick is a very visual card effect that I think will be really popular. I sit and do it all the time and it just amazes me how good it looks and how simple to get everything ready to go it is. You can also carry it around in the wallet, it actually is one of the few tricks that I think crosses from pro use to the hallway hit mens pockets.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Oh, how odd. I didn't think the performance got left off, I thought the spongeballs explanation was a bonus. I was thrilled it was included. I took it like an easter egg or something like that.

It's funny how we view things. Someone drives up to a restaurant and there is a line out the door and they say "it's too crowded, let's go somewhere else".

Another person says "wow, this place must have great food. Let's get in line".

Anyway, it's a killer set. I'm not telling people not to buy the one trick dvd
with the "I Hate David Copperfield trick". But...when you do, you're just going to want to get the 2 DVD set. Geoff has some killer magic on it. Real workers.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3375 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Can anyone describe the hat trick, it doesn't really get any review from any post here. Is it not strong or practical
cheerz
millarhouse
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
199 Posts

Profile of millarhouse
The Hat Trick
Funnily enough I have just starting performing this. I have combined The Hat Trick with "The Inredible Dancing Napkin"
Without giving too much away, its a way of producing a rabbit out of hat with out the need for a physical hat.
Packs very small, and gets resonable reactions. I use an assistant from the audience to help me with this trick so that's a bonus.

Warren
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3375 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks millarhouse
galerius
View Profile
Loyal user
Piemontese Alps ( Northwestern Italy )
239 Posts

Profile of galerius
I've received Miracles for mortals last week ( the volume two ; I was curious about Devastation, and I wasn't disappointed Smile ), and you can number me among the " Geoff Williams' Enthusiasts". Very nice tricks ( nice both to perform and to watch ), not too technically demanding ; and I like his 'minimalism' in presenting them.
Should I find at any cost something less effective, that would be If thine eye... ; not because isn't a good piece of comedy ( actually it is ) but because the method is easily deducible, IMHO. Just for that.
Soon I'll buy the first volume, that's for sure !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Miracles for Mortals - A Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL