The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Miracles for Mortals - A Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Zap
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Zap
Add my voice to the chorus singing the praises of this one. This is a fantastic DVD set that should be at the top of anybody's list to get. All the effects are great and items that I would use--an extreme rarity in any DVD set. A few comments: I thought from the description that I had an idea about the Electrical Artlet effect (where you draw a picture of an outlet on a pad of paper, plug in your boombox, and it plays) but I was wrong. The method is way better than I would have conceived of. Just to whet you appetite--after you've plugged into the pad of paper to turn on the music, a SPECTATOR can unplug and then replug into the pad to turn the music on. Very amusing, and a great opener. The Torn and Restored Card is VERY similar to Torched and Restored in methodology, with a few finesses, and without the Torched part. The signatures front and back is a strong feature of this effect. Omega Bet is a fun card trick with a presentation that gets everybody smiling and laughing. I could go on and on, but this is truly a goldmine of fun, easy to do magic.
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I have to agree as well. These dvd's have a lot of workable material. I just love Devastation and his Omega Bet presentation was hilarious. When I first saw E.A.R., I was impressed! Hearing the music when he pressed that button made me do a double take. This is a gem of a set. Don't miss out folks!
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5372 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Along with thesew being a great set, geoff is one funny guy and a great guy at that and he was just a blast to work with...i look forward to working with him again cause he is the man!

koz
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
These DVDs sound great. Do many of the effects use gaffs/gimmicks?
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
Quote:
On 2006-01-20 13:01, adamjames wrote:
These DVDs sound great. Do many of the effects use gaffs/gimmicks?

Here are those that require a bit of assembly:

ELECTRICAL ARTLET
EVERYTHING'S A RADIO
MIRACLE COIN VANISH
IS IT HOT IN HERE OR IS IT JUST ME?

Here are those that require minor construction/alterations:

THE "I HATE DAVID Copperfield" TRICK
JUST A BIT MORE ULTIMATE THAN JOHN MENDOZA'S "ULTIMATE TORN & RESTORED CARD"

Here are those that require a magic accessory/gimmick/feke:

UPLOOPTED
INVISIBLE DECK FINESSE
FORKLIFT
BEAR HANDS
THE HAT TRICK

Here are those that use regular (unaltered) cards:

THE OMEGA BET
MORE ON "OIL & WATER"
4-WAY COINCIDENCE
SHUFFLING STYLES FROM AROUND THE WORLD
DEVASTATION

Here are those that use regular (ungimmicked) miscellaneous items:

BACHELOR'S THREAD (shoelace, finger ring)
THREADY OR NOT (shoelace, finger ring)
READY 2 LINK (two rubber bands)
HAIRBALLS (two sponge balls)
FLURIOUS JR. (jumbo coin, penny, magnifying glass - topit used for vanish)

Hope this helps,

Geoff

BTW, thanks to everybody who has said such nice things about the stuff on the MFM DVDs (except Koz who is insane and trying to take over the world one DVD at a time). Ha!
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5372 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Smile
koz
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
I watched volume 1 today and love it, I just ordered vol. 2. Very workable material for you table hoppers out there
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
I watched vol 2 and liked it even better. Devastation slams! great 2 disc set Geoff.
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
What is the effect, Devastation? I now it's an impromptu card routine but what do the spectators see.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
The spectator shuffles the deck, picks a card on their own then looses the card in the deck by themselves. then only after a brief handleing the magi is able to tell the spectator where there card is it is an awsome trick
xububba
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of xububba
I have to say that these dvd's have become my favorite magic purchase so far! There is a ton of stuff here that is easy to learn/perform for a beginner (see number of posts), yet guys that have been around longer are raving as well! I did Devastation this weekend at some friends house, and 5 minutes later the guy is still staring at the cards mumbling to himself!!!
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5372 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Smile
koz
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3821 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I particularly like Miracle Coin Vanish.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1587 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
This is a good buy! Go for it!
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I got these today and everything everbody has siad is true! These are great. I don't think I have another set of DVDs has as many workable tricks.

I only have one problem with this set.

Mr williams spells his name wrong, it should be JEFF not geoff.

:rotf:
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
Quote:
On 2006-01-30 13:34, deputy wrote:
The spectator shuffles the deck, picks a card on their own then looses the card in the deck by themselves. then only after a brief handleing the magi is able to tell the spectator where there card is it is an awsome trick

Awesome trick but just to correct deputy slightly;spectator mentally chooses a card and doesn't say it aloud,and it is practically hands off.Indeed spectator may well remember you never touchigthe deck!!
gordonmj
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of gordonmj
The DVD's are good but not my favourites.
booya!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3821 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Just finished volume 2. Geoff is a great entertainer. My wife laughed through both dvd's. He's just plain likeable. Devastation is great. EAR is fantastic. And I'm still having fun with Miracle Coin Vanish.(for those interested in the coin vanish, contact Geoff. He has what you need). I also loved 'the I hate David Copperfield trick." Visual magic at its best.
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
253 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
Just got these. I already had the lecture notes and these dvds compliment them nicely. Geoff's got a very pleasant sense of humor. The dvds have a mix of great routines and a few quick gag items. All very practical. All very well explained.

One question though, I didn't see anyone else mention it: Was the sponge ball effect "Hairballs" suppose to have a performance?. On my dvd it just has an explanation. Did I get an odd ball dvd, or did something get left out when the dvd was put together?

Matt
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3821 Posts

Profile of emyers99
My dvds didn't include the performance of hair balls either so you are not alone. I think they all came like that. I do like that routine a lot however. One of the few sponge ball routines I would actually consider performing. It would have been nice to see it in action, but you can still pick everything up just by watching the explanation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Miracles for Mortals - A Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL