The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Miracles for Mortals - A Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
253 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
Thanks Emyers-

Glad to know that I'm not alone. I thought I was going crazy when it jumped straight to the explanation.

I do agree with everything you said though. It is a great routine and learnable from the explanation, but it would have been nice to watch. Once a week I get to do magic with a group of 3rd graders and I'm looking forward to showing them my hairballs and bearhands.

Matt
Verricobl
View Profile
Loyal user
BC
256 Posts

Profile of Verricobl
Guys, if you take a look at the Devastation routine, I think it's very similar to Sal Piacente's 4,5,6 packet trick. Don't you think?
imagine the possibilities... endless...
Ian Richards
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Ian Richards
Sal Piacente's 4 5 6 Packet Trick was first published in Greater Magic in 1938 with the title of The 3 Pile Trick by Carl W. Jones. Geoff Williams mentions this effect first appeared in Greater Magic in his explanation of Devastation.
Aubrey de Wet
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa, Johannesburg
111 Posts

Profile of Aubrey de Wet
A demo for Devastation is on ellusionist.com
As well as a demo for the I-hate-david-copperfield effect.
discjockey
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of discjockey
Is the effect "If Thine Eye Offends Thee" more of a gag? Or can it look like real magic?
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17039 Posts

Profile of joseph
It's more of a gag, and funny....But do it after dinner, please.... Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
magichoka
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of magichoka
"I-hate-david-copperfield" effect already teach in ETCM vol.6 by Ammar.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5372 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
The handling on geoff williams dvd is much better than the original
powerful and very clean looking...
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Sound like excellent DVD !
However, I don't get how the trick "devastation" is so powerfull and "worth the price of this DVD MANY TIMES over" !
I just look a the demo but the modus operandi seem so obvious even for a layman, no ? If you keep the order of the card, then the selected card will just be a the same counting/order than the beginning ! It is just a matter of having everything on top. My point is not to expose anything but I just don't get why it is so powerfull as the other said.
I am missing something !?

Nicolas
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5372 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
It blew me away when he performed it live....and I have been arond a little while...i had no clue...it kills
dapthx
View Profile
New user
Lexington,Ky
39 Posts

Profile of dapthx
Miracles for Mortals has a lot of great ideas on it,with something for everyone.If you don't have these DVD's,you're missing some great stuff.Geoff is a funny guy,and fun to watch as well,his handling is superb.Thanks Geoff..terrific!!

All the Best...

Douglas Crowe
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Loyal user
Santa Barbara, CA
290 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
I wanted to add to the positive reviews for this dvd set. I received mine last week and have enjoyed them very much. A lot of great effects that I will definately be using in the near future. The dvd's are filmed well, and he is fun to watch. Two thumbs up!
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
Papawemba: try it out on an audience and you will see why
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Loyal user
Santa Barbara, CA
290 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
I used "devastation" last night for the first time. Although some people on the Café seem to think this trick isn't that amazing, the reactions were great!
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1263 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Quote:
On 2006-04-24 06:27, papawemba wrote:

I just look a the demo but the modus operandi seem so obvious even for a layman, no ?

I am missing something !?

Nicolas

Not to give anything away, but you are definitely missing something. The method is certainly not obvious to laymen.
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Ok, thanks !
I will probably buy it some day. I like his performance...funny Smile
Tricks look excellent as everyone said.

Nicolas
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Whats the card levitation like, ive never read any explanation on this. How does it look, what are the visuals like on this?
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Best magic DVDs I've purchased in quite some time. Outstanding!

Robert

PS - Don't judge Geoff by his picture on pg. 1. It's not what it seems.
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
I just screwed up my performance of "Devastation" in front of all my honors classmates and professors. Apparently, everything was fine until the revelation of the 'mentally selected and freely chosen' card where it did not concur with what she had in mind. Talk about major bummer man....sighs..embarrased. In the end, one of my friends realised that the actual card was 1 card away from the actual thought of position. Wonder what led to that 1-off position. sighs...a real big bummer especially when its performed in front of so many pple.
magicforu
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of magicforu
But I never fail with this one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Miracles for Mortals - A Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL