The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Miracles for Mortals - A Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
myshadow
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of myshadow
Geoff,
I have both "Miracles for Mortals" DVDs and they are both excellent. The Omega bet is really good. However, I found your betting scenario confusing - I am obviously missing something! You say that the spectator can't loose. Then you bet your lucky penny and, as the trick progresses, the spectator bets more and more. In the spectator's eyes surely he could be about to loose everything and all you stand to loose is your lucky penny. This is obviously a trick from your working repertoire so its obviously me being dumb (not the first time and it won't be the last!) Can you clarify?

Thanks

Brian
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5372 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Its very funny!
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
ELECTRICAL ARTLET - Boom box cord too short to reach the wall outlet? No problem; just draw an outlet on a pad of paper, plug in the cord and the music starts right up!

The one effect I use in all my kids shows is the Electrical Artlet. I draw the outlet on the pad of paper and it doesn't work. I also use a sparking ring to make sparks and act like I am getting shocked, so I call for a child to help and when they plug it in.... it works. I use this boom box to play music for the whole show while it's pluged into the note pad sitting on the table.
fred200
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of fred200
Most to the material in these two tapes is a killer is 2 of mi fvorites dvd's one to the best purchases of this year.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17038 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2006-11-10 07:43, myshadow wrote:
Geoff,
I have both "Miracles for Mortals" DVDs and they are both excellent. The Omega bet is really good. However, I found your betting scenario confusing - I am obviously missing something! You say that the spectator can't loose. Then you bet your lucky penny and, as the trick progresses, the spectator bets more and more. In the spectator's eyes surely he could be about to loose everything and all you stand to loose is your lucky penny. This is obviously a trick from your working repertoire so its obviously me being dumb (not the first time and it won't be the last!) Can you clarify?
Thanks
Brian

I thought the same way....However, since this effect is so good (as most of the effects on the dvds), an alternative is to keep setting out more and more of your lucky pennies to bet, and at the end, offer specky any one of them for good luck... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
theoriginalman
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of theoriginalman
These are great DVDs. I have used the Torn and Restored Card and Anything is a Radio and these two are killers. No I don't like or use everything on on these DVDs but the things that I like, are great. I recommend everyone who likes the impossible (isn't that what magic is all about) try it you'll like it!!!

The Originalman
Cane and Able
View Profile
New user
The Great White North
79 Posts

Profile of Cane and Able
We found some of the material on the dvds to be very good.

After constructing, modifying and trying out "EAR" we simply found it couldn't be heard in a lot of the situations we perform in.

Have a happy holiday all.
Debbie Black
View Profile
New user
Phoenix,
57 Posts

Profile of Debbie Black
I also agree the DVDs are fantastic, and real world workers. Don't miss the tips on forklift. This is visual PK that stuns spectators.... without the all too often obvious clues ... I've had waiters get the manager, reexamine the forks, shake their heads... just great!!!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
OH MY GOD! Has anyone seen these and not thought that Geoff Williams is one of the most creative and skillful Magicians of our time?

These DVD's are BIRIILIANT! Must haves, must haves!!!

This is what a worker looks like, sounds like and performs magic like.

Order here:
http://www.kozmomagic.com
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3821 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Don't overlook the Miracle Coin Vanish (which Geoff sells). It's simple but it's a killer on lay people.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Miracles For Mortals is a must have set. I just revisited them again and am blown away by this fellow. Oddly enough, they are not knucklebusters.

If you LOVE killer close-up magic, these DVD's will delight you.

Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2279 Posts

Profile of Logan
I absolutely love the set! I was badly fooled by E.A.R.

Geoff is one creative fellow!
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
My friend Mike told me about DEVASTATION and man, was he right on the money. THis is a killer card effect. And it's from a shuffled deck!

Order here:
http://www.kozmomagic.com

Goku
View Profile
New user
Japan
92 Posts

Profile of Goku
I really enjoy DEVASTATION, it's one of my strongest effects I do and you can do it with a borrowed deck. These DVD's are great!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I watched the set again. If you don't have this in your Library, you're missing out. This is worker material. I have now performed a couple of the effects and the impact is jaw dropping.

fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of fooksau
Hello,

I read a few reviews over at Ellusionist and they really only had negative things to say about them. I'm curious as to which is the case (unbiased please)?
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2279 Posts

Profile of Logan
Fooksau,

Some of the effects from the DVD require some technical knowledge and construction. Other effects require some heavy practicing to achieve the required performance standards whilst some effects are self-working. Other effects are merely Geoff's spin on certain tricks, i.e. Loop techniques, Oil & Water handlings, etc.

Different people expect different things from a magic product. Some may whine and complain that construction is necessary. Some may welcome it. To those who expect 'ready-to-perform' miracles (and I'm not pointing any fingers here) may be let down by this set of DVDs as some of the best effects on there are NOT impromptu and require construction and set up. However, after doing so, you are set for a walk around gig, no problem.

I personally enjoy Geoff's style. There's a nice mix of effects from self working to full body worn gimmicks.

If it's any consolation, I've read more good reviews about this set than bad.

Frankly, the lesser the number of people that have this set, the better...
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Could be that Jeff uses personality whilst many who haunt the ellusionist site prefer the blank faced, non personality driven, approach. Perhaps if they hit pause it would more suite their taste.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-03-16 11:43, Logan wrote:

Frankly, the lesser the number of people that have this set, the better...

As usual I agree with Logan and this last statement also. I want to get the word out about this set, but there are killer effects on them that I'd rather have a limited number of folks using.

When folks love or hate things, always consider the source and if there is a hidden agenda.

fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of fooksau
Thanks guys. I don't mind effects that use settups and require practice. This is probably where their negativity was coming from. I went ahead and got these. Thanks again.
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Miracles for Mortals - A Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL