The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Miracles for Mortals - A Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2006-05-07 01:46, Lonewolf123 wrote:
I just screwed up my performance of "Devastation" in front of all my honors classmates and professors. Apparently, everything was fine until the revelation of the 'mentally selected and freely chosen' card where it did not concur with what she had in mind. Talk about major bummer man....sighs..embarrased. In the end, one of my friends realised that the actual card was 1 card away from the actual thought of position. Wonder what led to that 1-off position. sighs...a real big bummer especially when its performed in front of so many pple.

That's when the Invisible Deck saves you...Carry it around for times like this..... Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
2 decks on yourself juz makes you seem like a loserish magician..tats what I personally feel.
clusters
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of clusters
Saw the demo clip at Ellusionist and the "I hate David Copperfield" trick looks amazing!!
Anyone knows if it's any different from the one taught in Ammar's ETMCM video?
Not sure of the name of the trick and the originator as well
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
The premise and presentation are kinda different.
fred200
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of fred200
Just I got this set and Wow! has a lot of practical material just now I'm woking in devastation,the penny routine an E.A.R this set is great!!
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
I am something disappointed over the DVD'S!
I have as much good over tricks read.
But I must say, much am unfortunately old stuff.
Only with new name.
Or with small improvements.
I cannot suffer it, if old tricks under other names are sold.
That does not have to be!!!

I give however 7.5 of 10.

Because the quality of the explanations to be well implemented.
matinex
View Profile
Regular user
San Jose, CA
108 Posts

Profile of matinex
I just received volume 1 of this set and I want to give it a big thumbs up. I'm an amateur who performs for friends, family, and coworkers, and I really think this lives up to its billing as "for the rest of us." I could envision performing four of the tricks very soon. Geoff is an amusing guy who teaches the tricks well. I'm going to plan on getting Vol. 2 next.

-David
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Are Miracles for Mortals filmed in Minneapolis, MN? My order is going in tomorrow! Better late than never...
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
No they were shot in upstate ny
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2006-09-02 22:35, evolve629 wrote:
Are Miracles for Mortals filmed in Minneapolis, MN? My order is going in tomorrow! Better late than never...

You won't be sorry....Several outstanding effects by a funny guy....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
I agree with joseph
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
They were the biggest selling set for 5 or 6months late last year and in the beginning of this year...really good I think
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
This set is very good. Geoff is a naturally funny guy, a good thing since unfunny guys trying to be funny (you know who you are) are hard to watch and the magic is solid and strong through out. It isn't original for the most part but for those so into originality that it bothers them they shouldn't be buying others work anyway as it may mess with their originality. If I was to recommend dvd's to people and they wanted three the top three to hit my mind would be this set, Recalling Slydini, and Paul Greens In The Trenches.
Steve V
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-09-07 16:56, Steve V wrote:
This set is very good. Geoff is a naturally funny guy, a good thing since unfunny guys trying to be funny (you know who you are) are hard to watch and the magic is solid and strong through out. It isn't original for the most part but for those so into originality that it bothers them they shouldn't be buying others work anyway as it may mess with their originality. If I was to recommend dvd's to people and they wanted three the top three to hit my mind would be this set, Recalling Slydini, and Paul Greens In The Trenches.
Steve V

Steve, you said it better than anyone could have. I'll have to start saving for these. Any work that people rank up there with the talented Paul Green, has to have killer material!!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I love paul green....
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
Yeah I hope geoff comes out with more stuff maybe shot infront of alive crowd
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
We are talking about this as we speak
dizaster
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of dizaster
I perform Nick Trost's Version of Omega Bet (from The Card Magic of Nick Trost). How is Geoff Williams' version different/improved? I am interested in buying this DVD mainly for this effect, but I'm concerned it may not be much different from what I do now. Thanks for any help....
TheManWithoutFear
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of TheManWithoutFear
These DVD's sound like they pack way more punch then a lot of what is currently on the market. I will remmeber to thing of these next time I have a few bucks to spend. Thanks for all of the reviews.
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
Quote:
On 2006-09-08 15:19, dizaster wrote:
I perform Nick Trost's Version of Omega Bet (from The Card Magic of Nick Trost). How is Geoff Williams' version different/improved? I am interested in buying this DVD mainly for this effect, but I'm concerned it may not be much different from what I do now. Thanks for any help....

My take on "The Omega Bet" is based on Bob Wagner's handling from "Bob Wagner's Master Notebook of Magic." The bets can go either way, for the most part (which is completely different than the Trost routine). I borrow money, credit cards, house keys, etc., from the audience for the bets.

The routine I use is a "progressive bet" where each phase keeps getting more and more difficult (in the eyes of the audience) and the spectator has the opportunity to win a larger and larger pot. The outcome of the last bet (where TWO indicator cards are being paired) is predicted BY THE SPECTATOR.

Long story short, it's quite different than the Trost routine even though they share the same starting point.

I love this routine.

Geoff
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Miracles for Mortals - A Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL