The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Magnetic Thumb Tip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
tootall
View Profile
Regular user
Central FL
105 Posts

Profile of tootall
Hello,

I hope that I am posting this in the correct forum. My wife recently got me a magnetic thumb tip. I have seen videos and such on a regular thumb tip, but I have only seen a couple of effects using a magnetic one. Can you all recommend some videos/books on tricks that use a magnetic thumb tip? Any help is appreciated.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Does the TT have a mag in it or is it just metal?
tootall
View Profile
Regular user
Central FL
105 Posts

Profile of tootall
It has a rare earth magnet inside it and I believe it's made out of Vernet. It is very rigid.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I don't know of any books on a magnetic thumb tip.
I use mine with children. I use 2 rings, holding one I make the second one stick to the first.Then I let the children try. They get a kick out of it.
They swear theres a magnet in one of the rings but of course never find it.
Daniel Faith
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Check out Danny Archer's website. He has a great coin trick using a magnetic thumb tip. If you can't find it, give him a call. It is his coin routine and I will not tip the method, but it is a great coin trick for a stand up audience.
tootall
View Profile
Regular user
Central FL
105 Posts

Profile of tootall
Ok thanks for replying. So that's only two tricks. I guess there isn't a whole lot to do with a magnetic thumb tip then huh? Ok if anyone thinks of anymore, please reply.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20498 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Blindfolded and wearing gloves, you can find a Canadian quarter in a bowl or hat full of US quarters. (It's the one you can't put down!)

Enjoy!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
Could you do a chop-cup with an ungimmicked cup?
PickMagic
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of PickMagic
There's a nice presentation on One of the "World's Greatest" L&L series. I think it's Dinner Table Magic where a magician makes 2 spoons stick together. I get great reaction to his from both kids and adults.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Also Perfect Time and a few versions of Stigmata
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1240 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
I second the Danny Archer Coin Trick using a magnetic TT and a money bag. It is a real crowd pleaser. He taught it at a recent magic conference.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Matt Watts
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Matt Watts
Mentalism used with a compas ehh.????
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Denver
614 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Thanks for the plug guys... the routine is called Pick a Coin... Any Coin and it's one of my favorite effects that I have published...
SenseiStrange
View Profile
Veteran user
The Dead God's Dreams
345 Posts

Profile of SenseiStrange
Chop cups and their balls...play around with pins and screws and let your imagination go, shims...palming...stick a pin in a feather and it will stand in your hand...find shimmed objects among normal ones...effect electrical devices...TV screens???

Just a few ideas off the top of my head.
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
Tootall:

Chazpro Magic use to have a Pk Magic booklet that had all kinds of ideas for using magnets. Aldo Colombini of Wild Colombini Magic also has a Magnets for Magic booklet that looks pretty good.
"Confusion is not magic."
Dai Vernon
ProfessorMagicJMG
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of ProfessorMagicJMG
A great use for a magnetic TT is to influence "PK" or "gaffed" items that have either some sort of metal or another magnet inside. For instance, making a gaffed coin slowly flip over in your hand, while the TT is hidden underneath your hand. Or, causing some gaffed body part to flop around for a bizarre routine, such as the Eyeball in a Jar made by Doug Higley. Or, you could find an object that you want to be "haunted" and somehow insert or attach a bit of metal shim or another magnet so it reacts to the close proximity of the TT.

I actually found this thread by searching for a mag TT for just such a routine; I like the idea that TT can be used as a "remote control" as well as a vanish utility.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Clarke's 3rd Law

"Any sufficiently primitive technology can mystify a postmodern audience." - JMG's Corollary to Clarke's 3rd Law
A. Evans
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
105 Posts

Profile of A. Evans
You could use it as a PK ring in a way, pick up metallic objects or move papers with paperclips and staples also move a string with a metallic end on it.
"It's better to have 3 amazing tricks than 10 good ones"
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22440 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Emmerson and West (Color Monte fame) put out a booklet of routines for a magnetic ring, years ago. It was called something like Kling Ring. I have it on PDF, will have to take a look back. With the new finger rings, it should be worth reviving. I am sure many will work with a magnetic TT.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1470 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
I like the chop cup idea that sounds fun you could use a Dixie cup and a folded bill with a shim or mag in it for the ball then barrow another
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1470 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
You could use it as normal and use the magnet to help ditch it
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Magnetic Thumb Tip (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL