The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Richard Osterlind's Mind Mysteries Part II, The BCS. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
As said before, I use a 1-10, with 10 being PERFECT rating scale. Just so you know as well NOTHING EVER gets a 10. 10 is absolute perfection, and NOTHING, and NO ONE is Perfect. 9.5 is my highest rating. I ONLY write 10, just to show how close something can come to being PERFECT. I judge on The Tricks, (Impact), Technique, Teaching Style & Understanding, and Video Quality, such as Camera Angles...ECT.

1) Card Calling - This is one of the BEST Items on this Tape. The performer shows a regular deck of jumbo cards, and gives the cards a few cuts. The person then takes a small clump, no more that 8-12 cards. You at a distance back turned toward them start naming the cards apparently as they view each of them and at the end telling them what card is in each hand of two cards left. This really is a Grand effect, and great as it can be done in the biggest of performing arenas. This EASILY gets a (9.5).

2) Two Cards In Pocket - Here a Magician takes two cards from a mixed deck, and without HIM even looking at the cards he puts one in each pocket. The Magician (Mentalist I mean) divines each card, then the spectator CHOOSES where he wants each card to be. This is a great one and is strong. At the end there is a small risk of missing, but if you do it well Psychologically it "Should" work out. If not it's STILL amazing. I give this a (8.5).

3) Challenge Mind Reading - This has to be the best "Thought Of Card" revelations. The person thinks of ANY CARD, ALL WHILE THE PERFORMER'S BACK IS TURNED. The card is cut to the face of the deck in order "To view it clearly and visualize it better". The spactator then puts the card anywhere in the deck. The Mentalist Then boxes the deck, and SLOWLY but SURELY names the card aloud. This gets a (9.5).

4) Corinda Effect - This is the ONE EFFECT that really started it all as far as the "Braekthrough Card System". A Deck of Cards is mixed. The cards are put under the table and cut a few times face up. The spectator then chooses either the top or the bottom card, and then take that single card and reverses it in the deck. The performer turns his back to the person, as they put the face-up deck on the table. The performer divines the card. The cards are spread and the ONLY face down card is the only named. This gets a (9).

5) BlackJack Demonstration - The Cards are mixed and like 4 hands are dealt. The performer tell the audience what the cards are, which cards will be dealt, and even gives them advice on where to take a hit or not. I love this routine and it went over well for the audience. To me though it is kind of slow, and might slow your program down. This I would only do maybe for huge groups and not just a few close-up people. Richard does this well though. I rate this a (8.5).

This tape really, REALLY kills. His Bonus stuff is good here too. He gives great advice. This is a Card System. He's used it with Great Success.This has the GREATEST MENTALISM EVER on a tape using a Deck of Cards. Yes people will think I'm Stupid as I've asked for help already, while I still got the Card Values down I STILL can't figure out the suit. That's me though. Once you all memorize this you'll have a most POWERFUL principle using a deck of cards. All the stuff on here are Gems and for the first time I don't have any complaints about any of them. My favorites though are, Card Calling, Challenge Mind Reading, and the Corinda Effect. Everything is explained VERY WELL, and VERY thoroughly. Osterlind's stuff in the VERY BEST in Mentalism I think. I rate this tape as a (9).
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Richard Osterlind's Mind Mysteries Part II, The BCS. (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL