We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » B'WAVE, yet another question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dsnowmon
View Profile
New user
Ohio's North Coast
63 Posts

Profile of dsnowmon
First off, let me state I like the B'wave effect as described in instructions when purchased. I have read several threads on B'Wave, One dealt with the B'wave, magic trick or mentalism. I like Greg Arce's patter in one of the threads.

My question, does anyone use an elmsley count to show all cards same color/blank? If so, what is your presentation/patter for doing so.

regards,

dsnowmon
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
The use of an Elmsley Count in B'wave is a common mistake. Remember, you want the spectator's to know that one queen is already face up as sort of a prediction. If you show four face-down cards, you can't say that. Also, it will change it from mentalism effect to a magic effect. Smile
Gary
View Profile
Veteran user
Market Harborough, UK
367 Posts

Profile of Gary
ditto...

No need for the count as it takes away from the effect.
"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"
- Anon
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
544 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
I have been performing B'Wave
since it came out.
I did use the Elmsley Count at
that time as additional 'proff'.
Currently I do not for the same
reasons as dpe666as & Gary stated.
dsnowmon
View Profile
New user
Ohio's North Coast
63 Posts

Profile of dsnowmon
Thank you for your responses. I do appreciate your reasoning for not doing an elmsley count.

regards,

dsnowmon
Jim Davis
View Profile
Special user
What is....? Utah
945 Posts

Profile of Jim Davis
I do do the elmsley count, allthough I do it right at the begining, before I ever begin the patter. My patter allows for a pretend turnover of the card, prior to the call, and thus a little magic happens when it turns over, but it seems hardly worth the work admittedly.. also I admit that I droped the use of the gimmick card and MC the whole bit.
Diamond Jim Davis "The Cardslinger" ~~~ Magic from the '80's....................the 1880's!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Don't just be a magician, be a human interest!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>[url]www.periodplayers.com[/ur
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
You might like to check out my handling for B'wave on my Mind Control Video, or in the Mond Control Booklet. Smile
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1651 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
Without an Elmsley Count, it's a very nice sleight-free mentalism effect.

With an Elmsley Count, you transform it from an effect where you magically forecast the spectator's choice (which you reveal by showing it to be face up with a different back) into an effect where you magically turn the spectator's choice over and you magically change its back too.

Adding an Elmsley Count to B'wave changes the effect completely. And if you're a mentalist, then the non-Elmsley-Count version is better. But I like the magic of physical impossibilities, and hence I prefer the Elmsley Count version.

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
Here's a bit of trivia which most people might be missing:

The actual pronunciation of "B'Wave" is "bwave" as if you're trying to say the word "brave" but you have a speech impediment. It is a single syllable (unlike the widespread mispronunciation "bee wave").

FYI.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
dsnowmon
View Profile
New user
Ohio's North Coast
63 Posts

Profile of dsnowmon
again, Thanks for your responses, this is one effect I just picked up that I am going to put into my repertoire.

regards,

dsnowmon
steiner1000
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of steiner1000
dsnowmon, check your private messages!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » B'WAVE, yet another question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL