The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » 'How to teach magic to children' book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DaiBato
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of DaiBato
What are some good books on teaching magic to children?

Dai Bato
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
The Cub Scout Magic Book. Lots of books in the bookstore. Magic that the professionals use cost a little to much for kids. It's best if you teach them simple easy to do stuff. If they want more, then they will seek out a magic store or knock on your door!
Dennis Michael
DaiBato
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of DaiBato
Who wrote 'The Cub Scout Magic Book'?

Dai Bato
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
It can be purchased at any scout store.

What you may really want is James Munton's How to Teach a Magic Birthday Class. It's simple stuff they will eat up, and done in an entertaining way. It's good for any class not just birthdays.
Dennis Michael
DaiBato
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of DaiBato
Thanks, Den.

Dai Bato
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5435 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I haven't seen the cub scout book but I'll second Den's recommendation of James Munton's How to Teach a Magic Birthday Class. Check it out at Loomis Magic (one of the best and most reputable dealers, in my opinion).
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
3037 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
There is a gentleman that is involved in teaching magic to children who belongs to the SAM. Society of American Magicians. He has a book available and you can contact him at af72ma@verizon.net and his name is Al. He sent me all sorts of information. This has been a little over a year ago so I hope the info is still current. He seemed to be very helpfull.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
I would also recommend the James Munton DVD.

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
ekins
View Profile
Elite user
Portland, Oregon
495 Posts

Profile of ekins
I wanted to post to this thread when it originally started but couldn't find my copy of this book. While looking for something else I ran into it tonight. It's "The Complete Guide to Teaching Magic" by Alfred M. Albers. There was a good review in one of the magic magazines sometime in 1999 and I bought a copy. It's been a while since I read it and I haven't put it into practice but I remember thinking the advice was good at the time. A quick search found a site that is selling it ($25).

http://www.themagicedge.com/mall/ProductPage.asp

-Brian
Al Albers
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Al Albers
Greetings, fellow magi; Al Albers, here. Thanks for the kind words about my book, I appreciate it. For the record, the first edition of the book is sold out (I only printed 125 copies). However, in 2002, I updated it and put out a second edition (again only 125 copies), of which I have about 20 copies left. If anyone is interested in the book, I'll be glad to send you a free, no obligation, informational flyer, via email. Thanks.
Al Albers
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Al Albers
I forgot to mention, in my post, that I changed ISP's last year; my new email address is: af72ma@verizon.net.

-Al
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » 'How to teach magic to children' book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL