The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Spelmann DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Snail
View Profile
Regular user
UK
163 Posts

Profile of Snail
Hi guys. Is it worth getting all the Spelmann DVD's in one go, or is there too much to take in? At the moment, I just think I'd get the One In Thousands and Prize Draw.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1543 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Yes,just get one to see if you like his style..and they are expensive.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Snail
View Profile
Regular user
UK
163 Posts

Profile of Snail
Yes, they are not cheap. I've heard very mixed reviews about this. Is it a case that his style may or may not suit you - you either like it or you don't?

Snail.
fred200
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of fred200
May be you don't like his style but still the material is really good some of mi personal favorites are the orifices{i don't perform this},do you belive,untoched,in the shadow of geller and in the shadow of banacheck however you can find more material for put a show just using the dvd's.
I'm agee are not cheap but what in magic is and the expensive price keep away the lay people.
But this is just mi opinion.
Snail
View Profile
Regular user
UK
163 Posts

Profile of Snail
How would you sum up Spelmann's style - just trying to get a gist of whether these are for me or not.
Snail
View Profile
Regular user
UK
163 Posts

Profile of Snail
Interesting, no one's responding now. Well, let me ask how you rate the routines and thinking on the DVD's.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1083 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Maybe try a search for this set. There was a lot of discussion at the time of their release, you may find what you're looking for there.
Snail
View Profile
Regular user
UK
163 Posts

Profile of Snail
I did, I found a lot of bickering but not actual constructive criticism or praise. That's why I am posting here. Also, a long thread was made about two months ago, which I have read and read again. People's views may have changed by now.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17027 Posts

Profile of joseph
This thread may help a bit....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
joeyjojo
View Profile
Regular user
uruguay
126 Posts

Profile of joeyjojo
Quote:
On 2006-01-15 19:16, fred200 wrote:
I'm agee are not cheap but what in magic is and the expensive price keep away the lay people.

No, the expensive price just keeps away the poor people. As with all magic dvds, most of the people who bought these are probably amateur magicians rather than professionals.
Snail
View Profile
Regular user
UK
163 Posts

Profile of Snail
Quote:
On 2006-01-16 08:21, joseph wrote:
This thread may help a bit....

Thanks! That does help!
Snail
View Profile
Regular user
UK
163 Posts

Profile of Snail
I would be interested to know whether the methods for One In Thousands and Prize Draw can be combined to make an effect which is a combination of each. Your thoughts as always extremely welcome and much appreciated! I've also heard a rumour that the spectators themselves don't take the numbers out of the envelopes themselves in ONe in Thousands. Is that true, and, if so, are the envelopes shown empty afterwards?

Thanks.
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
Are his tricks workable on a one on one level? thanks. anybody selling it?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I fell asleep durring these videos....really! Talk about taking the long way home....
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
I don't care much for his style. that's not what one is buying. It's the material, not his style. So is the material any good?
Dark Thought 13
View Profile
Regular user
Washington D.C.
122 Posts

Profile of Dark Thought 13
I remember when Spellman was still in the Café and he defended his DVDs saying his style on the set was somewhat reservedd. Naturally he would defend his product but I have to say that after watching The Stealth Assassin DVD I think he was being pretty honest as his style is far more loose and quite funny as well as being very well informed.

Those that have the Stealth Assassin DVD will know what I mean.

The set is quite high in price although I believe Alakazam are doing a deal on Jermay, Spellman and Nyman DVDs? In terms of putting a well thought out stage show the Spellmans get my vote as Jermay's material wont suit everyone and Nyman uses material which isn't visual enough for stage. You just have to ignore the presentations as they are quite long winded.

DT13
"I love the one with the plastic thumb!"
Someone who has seen a s*** magician
Andrew Richmond
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham - UK
252 Posts

Profile of Andrew Richmond
I think Jermays stuff is workable for a stage show, in fact surely that is its main arena?

A.R.
"Take a card any card!"
"Why?"
"So I can find it."
"Why?"
Snail
View Profile
Regular user
UK
163 Posts

Profile of Snail
Do you find the methods clean? (for Spelmann)
Andrew Richmond
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham - UK
252 Posts

Profile of Andrew Richmond
I think some are but some need reworking, he has some nice ploys and his set is probably the best for larger mentalism pieces ie chair routine etc. But the presentations are slow and some methods are a little weak in parts.

It is possible to clean up some of the routines.. His ideas or themes are good (staple gun roulette) but the method he explains his not as direct as it could be.. Numbers, envelopes.. Why not just get them to choose one??

Overpriced but they do have value if you know what your looking for.. Not a set for the occassional performer or social performer as much of it is cabaret not close up..

A.R.
"Take a card any card!"
"Why?"
"So I can find it."
"Why?"
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
Is the nail tru the nose bit good?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Spelmann DVD (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL