The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Wakeling Sawing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
I am in the process of building a Wakeling Sawing. I'm do not have any experience with leather work. If anyone has a contact who can make the neck, and feet restraints, or has a set to sell let me know.

Thanks
Professor J. P. Fawkes
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Cannon's Great Escapes has what you need: http://www.cannonsgreatescapes.com/spectacular_2.html (scroll all the way down and you will see the neck and ankle restraints).

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Thanks again Nick!
Michael Berends
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
220 Posts

Profile of Michael Berends
Hi,

I built a Wakeling Sawing Last Year and had a Saddlemaker do all the Leatherwork for me. It all urned out Great!!!!

If you want some pics let me know and I'll email them to you.

All you have to do is open up the phonebook and look up Leather. You're certain to find someone who can help you.

PS: I did make the Gimmick part myself and gave it to the Saddlemaker to build into the Leather strap.

Mike
www.michaelberends.com
"IMPOSSIBLE HAS JUST BECOME AN OPINION"
Dave Dorsett
View Profile
Veteran user
Macomb, Illinois
345 Posts

Profile of Dave Dorsett
I don't know where 61magic lives but here in the heartland (Illinois), we have a number of farm supply stores that offer general tack (horse) gear. When we built a few Wakelings, we were able to find straps essentially "off-the-shelf" at these stores. Cinch straps and other tack items require only minor modifications and can be dyed almost limitless colors.
This is, of course, not to disparage Cannon's work in any way. The price being asked is more than fair for someone who has done all the work for you. If you're trying to go the workshop route though this is a good option.
Dave Dorsett
Douglas~Wayne Illusioneering
Paul Arthur
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of Paul Arthur
http://www.pxdirect.com/Restraint-Ankle.htm makes something called "Ankle Hobbles" that are basically inmate restraints, but are very easily customized to be Wakeling anklets. They do a lot of custom work for entertainment purposes, if you ever have the need...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Wakeling Sawing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL