The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cocktail Surprise / Shaken and not Stirred (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
I don't have this particular Chop/Martini shaker set, but after thinking about presentational possiblities, I came up with the following "Ian Fleming" plot. I offer the rough concept here for people who lean toward theatrical/character-type presentations.

The magician plays "Ernst Stavro Blofeld", nemesis of James Bond (eye patch would help). Blofeld has captured Mr. Bond and is explaining/gloating to Bond (the audience, or a selected audience member), that the "shaken and not stirred martini" Bond just drank may have been poisoned:

"I trust those manacles are not too uncomfortable Mr. Bond, and that the Shaken and Not Stirred Martini was too your liking? (shaker displayed) Although why anyone would prefer a slushy and watered down martini is beyond my ability to comprehend!

How are your powers of perception James, may I call you James? It seems appropriate since you are my "guest" so to speak, possibly a very temporary guest. Well, Mr. Bond it is. There's no need to be rude.

You see this? it is a concentrated lump of chloral hydrate. Did you see me sneak it from my pocket into the cocktail shaker, when I made your bad martini?

Perhaps you did. But maybe I only made it appear so. Perhaps the poison is really in my pocket. Do you feel dizzy Mr. Bond? Please try to pay attention. Try to follow the poison...

Cheer up Mr. Bond, the poison may have been the best part of your drink!

You see I am in control, I can make it seem like the poison is wherever I choose it to be. See? Perhaps it wasn't enough poison. Maybe you needed a larger dose (large load). I don't expect you to applaud Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!

A toast to your demise Mr. Bond (final production pour into shot glass)! Did You really think I did not notice you switch our glasses before Oddjob manacled you. I switched them back. Strange, I feel rather hot.

I,...see (Blofell reeling), you only pretended to switch them (GASP), (Blofell starts to sink).

How.....very.....c-clever Mr. Bond" (Blofeld topples over dead).

The end

Douglas M.
TREV STONE
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of TREV STONE
I was given this set as a pressent months ago, played around with it for a while,went to the trouble of ordering "Ice Cold Fusion"to complement it. Then eventually I decided it wasnt for me and shelved it.
your line "i don't expect you to applaude, I expect you to die Mr Bond" is exellent. Using the character of Blofeld is an idea that has made me decide to have another play. One of the reasons I didn't like the effect is that the olives don't look real enough, your idea gives reason for this. I'll start on this one today and post up the routine
Thank you
Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
You're welcome Trev!

I feel that for certain topical props, a topical presentation can both provide a reason for the props and can also open up original routining possibilites.

I also saw the "Pool Cue and Billiard Ball" chop set:

"I had a dream I was Harry Houdini playing a weird game of pool with Minnesota Fats on a Lilliputian pool table that had only one pocket....I kept cheating..by using magic".

A running gag could be that the pool cue doesn't work it's magic unless it has been freshly "chalked".

Now if only I would spend time on ideas using the props that I have!

Douglas M.
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Your very imaginative ....I like the ideas.
You could also incororporate the Mikame super cup into the routine.
Fun is always good.
Mobius
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Thanks for posting your premise, I like it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cocktail Surprise / Shaken and not Stirred (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL