The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Funny balloon routines?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1774 Posts

Profile of SIX
Any sources to wear I can getr funny routines with 260q's.Like the doggie bag??
Popo
View Profile
Loyal user
Valparaiso, IN
219 Posts

Profile of Popo
There are some on Balloon Headquarters (balloonHQ.com)in the entertainers section.
Zakari Asiago
View Profile
Regular user
Panhandle of Florida
188 Posts

Profile of Zakari Asiago
A funny routine I use is Big Book of Balloon Animals. Rountine is like a McCombical Deck. It should be avaiable thru your favorite dealer.
Zakari Asiago

401 South Ave.

Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
Carl Skenes
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Carl Skenes
You could always write your own.
bwalendziak
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
78 Posts

Profile of bwalendziak
One of the funniest balloon routines I ever saw was John Cassidy's. Hilarious.

Brian
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I've some free routines online here:

http://www.balloondesigns.net/ewbroutines.html

I still use the umbrella one and the dog & sword one occasionally.

About a year after I put the dog & sword one on-line I was informed that someone performed it on TV in the states.

George
leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
T Myer's, "Life on the Living Room Circuit" has a good routine. He starts out saying he will twist the "Giant Tasmanian Devil", but everything comes out wrong. He ends up with a 4 foot tall Flamingo for the B'Day child.
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
Not quite sure how this would be done, make a dog. Have a spectator make a finger gun and shoot at the dog. He is going to catch the "bullet" in his teeth. Then he could either pop. Or even funnier his tale could just pop off and fall to the ground. (not deflate, but just come off)

scott
mtso2000
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of mtso2000
Dan Harlan has a pretty good routine called "Balloon-a-tic" on his Pack Small Play Big kid show DVD. Some funny gags and a nice routine with a memorable giveaway for the Birthday child.
Popo
View Profile
Loyal user
Valparaiso, IN
219 Posts

Profile of Popo
Check out Silly Billy's column in this month's Magic Magazine. It is about Don Caldwell and his balloon shows.
rogueclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Hollywood
320 Posts

Profile of rogueclown
Don Caldwell is a Genius!!!! It is a great bit that anyone can use. Very funny, If you twist and are serious about it, get anything by Buster Balloon!!!!
RC
mtso2000
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of mtso2000
I like the idea of having the dog get shot! but would not use it for kids
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1141 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Quote:
On 2006-01-29 09:31, magicgeorge wrote:
I've some free routines online here:

http://www.balloondesigns.net/ewbroutines.html

I still use the umbrella one and the dog & sword one occasionally.

About a year after I put the dog & sword one on-line I was informed that someone performed it on TV in the states.

George

George, I read this post and went directly to the site to check out the routines. My son and I then spent the night attempting to balance balloon swords on our noses (he's better at -- the little show-off Smile ) Getting the sword to balance with "little or no head movement" proved to be futile. But I'll work on it.

However, the umbrella routine struck my fancy, and this morning I 'jazzed' with it at a birthday party. These were 4 and 5 year olds and they loved being attacked by the octopus -- several times. So, thanks for some great ideas.

Scott Smile.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Jeff Hobsons doggie bag from Hobson Live is perfect for kids and family shows
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Quote:
On 2006-03-10 00:20, Scott O. wrote:
However, the umbrella routine struck my fancy, and this morning I 'jazzed' with it at a birthday party. These were 4 and 5 year olds and they loved being attacked by the octopus -- several times. So, thanks for some great ideas.

Scott Smile.

Thanks for the kind words, Scott.I'm glad you could use some of the ideas. I still do both routines occasionally as they're great if I need a to add a bit of time to a show and don't take up any extra room in my box.
I don't do the umbrella routine word for word and hardly ever do the colour jokes at the start. I always attack the kids with the octopus, though.......
Some other bits I've added since are "I said wind not spit" after they blow for the wind and I like to do the sphere to heart gag with the 6inch heart at the end which get's a lot of ooohs.
I used to do it in every show but then it got too well known.
I'd say "I bet you will never guess what I'm going to make" and half the kids would shout "an umbrella!"

George
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
537 Posts

Profile of Sir T
One of my all time favorite routines is GIANT TAZMANIAN MANEATING DEVIL ROUTINE by T myers, you can get it at his site. The write up is:

It is the running gag we use in our magic show. Outrageous claims are made and somehow something even better happens. Ending in a 6 ft. balloon flamingo, this running gag helps pull the show together and makes for a big finish. It can even be used as a stand-alone piece. This is good.

end write up

The routine is fun, runs through the show and ends with a photo op, with you and the birthday person. I had to change the rountine form a flamingo to a road runner for the boys, other wise a nice rountine you will use.
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1207 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Docc Hilford has a nice routine called 20 minutes with a balloon.
www.mikebrownmagic.com
<BR>http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=885780636
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1774 Posts

Profile of SIX
Anyone have any videos of guys doing stuff with balloons??Im going to look into all this stuff!

Thanks Guys
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
463 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Hey SIX,

Here's the video to Jeff Dobson's Balloon routine from Penguin Magic:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=319

The routine is hilarious and can be tailored to your specfic audience. In fact, the entire video has great effects and funny ideas Smile.

Bosco
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1739 Posts

Profile of wally
Anyone want trade / swap dvd / videos , I like the jeff dobson video or any others involving balloon gags /skits ,i live in uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Funny balloon routines?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL