The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Question about the hat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Maybe this has been asked before, but here goes.

You've done your show, you've passed the hat and it's come back fat.

Now what do you do with it?

Do you just stuff it in a pocket? (Could get in the way.)

Do you put it in your case? (Sounds dangerous if anybody is watching.)

What do you do with the bills? (And let's face it, some change.)
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
I use a special bag for my money. I stuff it all down the bag after the show. I then place my bag inside my showcase. The change ends up at the bottom and the bills on the top. Smile

A busker friend (Max Normal) uses different colored bags so that he can keep track of the income after each show at the end of the day.

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Yep, same thing here. I place all the money into a bag, then put the bag inside of my case/table. I have a piece of wood going from on side of the case to the other that creates a compartment inside of my table. Looking inside the the table, it looks normal, but open the table and (it hinges upward) you will find that hold out in the back of it. I also make sure to stash my money after every show and take care not to broadcast where I'm keeping my loot.
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Gazzo suggested that you tie your bag to your table leg. Just a loop is all it takes. That way if someone tries to grab it and run they have to drag the whole thing down the street. No way they can sneak away with all that going on!
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
One guy who's name I should not mention uses a Burgan (Ruck Sack) to carry his hat’s in.
I would never have believed it if I did not see it with my own eyes. Not that it was full but bloody heavy with coin. Very funny show and a great busker.
Mario
PS He does not do C&B in fact he is crap at magic. Smile
PPS Guess what he usess?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Question about the hat (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL