The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Ambitious Card in a resturaunt enviroment. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
I have used the ambitious card in restaurants for more years than I want to remember but I have never used the pop up move at all. And to end the routine I produce the card from the deck box that was sitting on the bar or table through the whole routine.

I only use a LePaul Wallet to end an ambitious card routine when there is no table or bar to work off of. I also feel that the envelopes in the wallet make it a stronger effect. The reason is that I go in for the wallet remove the envelopes and then put the wallet away in my pocket.

Now I place the three envelopes on the open palm of a spectator. The card vanishes from the deck and then I show the envelopes one by one. The last one is opened - climax. The wallet is just a container for the envelopes and I make it not important and what they get to keep and look at is the envelope the ambitious card appeared in and often it has my advertising on it.

I have the ambitious card routine I did on a TV show with the card appearing out of the deck box at my web site below.

Enjoy.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Hey Glenn. Checked your website. Would you be kind enough to give those of us who are too busy to watch all your videos the title of the one which showcases your Ambitious Card Routine? Thanks!
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Here is the correct link to Whit's Ambitious routine:

http://www.whithaydn.com/coppermine/disp......p;pos=21

(Another nice one, Whit!)

Steve
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
We can't use the link to the video display page. Those links evidently change every time a new video is added. The best thing is to go to the page that the vids are shown on and select the right one.

http://www.whithaydn.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=15
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Hi Randwill

Go to http://www.bishmagic.org click the first (top link left hand side) link for the Glenn Bishop video it will bring you to my video scrapbook page. Then the ambitious card video is the last video link on the bottom left hand side of the page.

Just above the links to my free e-books.

Enjoy!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Buddy_815
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Buddy_815
Mr. Haydn,

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your performance of the Ambitious Card! I really like your style!

Thanks,
-Buddy
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-01-19 13:44, Whit Haydn wrote:
Here is my "Ambitious Card/Card to Wallet" routine at the WC Fields Bar at the Magic Castle:

http://www.whithaydn.com/coppermine/disp......p;pos=23

The proof is in the pudding: This is why you CAN combine Ambitious Card and Card to Wallet!

Whit, you feel the envelope ads to the effect. Ever do it with out the envelope and gauge the reaction?

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
I still cant see the videos. I have windows media, but I have the version in which you have to download it to some sort of download manager. Its really weird.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Themagicman101 - Try changing web browsers or up-dating your web browser software or your windows media player.

I hope this helps
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
You can see my routine called Treasure Among Us on volume 1 of my new dvd set Strolling Hands!1

Justin Miller
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-01-22 15:54, jussy wrote:
You can see my routine called Treasure Among Us on volume 1 of my new dvd set Strolling Hands!1

Justin Miller

Tell us more about it ( without giving it away of course).

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
As I do rest. a lot I structured this routine in such a way that works for the sit down crowd, however, I have modified it to work for walk around as well.
So the card jumps to the top a few times. Then I have them place the card back into the deck and im. it is sitting right next to them! They pick it up place it back into the deck and the deck dissapears and only one card is left in my hands..their card, the deck is sitting next to them! I then do a double signed card phase where their signature visibly comes off the card only to reappear on another spectators card. Then that one card dissapears from the deck ( both signatures on the card) and is found in a little treasure box,locked with a master lock, SITTING NEXT TO THEM! They open it up themselves and remove the card.
This is my closer at a table. Never fails to get a collective applause everytime.
(this is of course a streamlined explanation chris)

Justin Miller
I will have this for purchase at my two lectures at the 75th annual Magi-Fest this year.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Quote:
On 2006-01-21 15:16, MagicChris wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-01-19 13:44, Whit Haydn wrote:
Here is my "Ambitious Card/Card to Wallet" routine at the WC Fields Bar at the Magic Castle:

http://www.whithaydn.com/coppermine/disp......p;pos=23

The proof is in the pudding: This is why you CAN combine Ambitious Card and Card to Wallet!

Whit, you feel the envelope ads to the effect. Ever do it with out the envelope and gauge the reaction?

Chris

I don't "feel" that it adds to the effect, I know that it does. I have used every kind of card to wallet routine. The envelope takes the attention away from the wallet. No one cares about the wallet. It is how did it get into the envelope. I reload my wallet as the spectator is tearing open the envelope, so it is always ready.

My wallet carries 10 to fifteen envelopes, and I often do the "The Gold Ring, the Watch and Everything" where the spec's stolen watch appears in an envelope for the same group I just did Card in Envelope for. As the watch envelope is being opened, I set up again, so I am ready for the next crowd.

The window envelope is also a very important aspect of the routine. It enables me to show both sides of the envelope convincingly, and they "see" their card in the envelope while it is still in the wallet. They are not as anxious to grab the envelope and open it as they would be if they couldn't see that there was anything in the envelope. The psychological effect is such that I can let the spectator open the envelope himself without seeing the ripped opening on the sealed side. It also makes it much easier to prepare the envelopes, since I can tear and seal them much faster on the sealed side than I could cut and tear on the address side.
magiczim
View Profile
New user
Philly
67 Posts

Profile of magiczim
Quote:
And Zim, I heard of the moby deck, but didn't know it was that! Sounds neat. But how do they know its brass if there are cards on the top and bottom? Are they attached there?

well they don't really...its just really heavy when you give it to them. yes, the top and bottom cards are attached, but you can change them if you really wanted, or just get rid of them. I am working on some other uses for it besides a Omni Deck type use. its a great gag for your magi friends. pull out the deck and hand it to them. great laughs among friends
"We live within the recreation of others" - René Lavand
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Ya, that would be funny!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Ambitious Card in a resturaunt enviroment. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL