The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Marty and SCAM's contest doing Defiance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

martysh
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville,SC
468 Posts

Profile of martysh
Just a note to say I debuted my work on Reed McClintock's cup and ball routine at the South Carolina convention's close up contest this weekend. The challenge was to put this at the end of a 7 minute set and try to get the loads past the audience of what I called "jaded magicians who have probably seen it all" jokingly of course. It was my personal challenge to do the final loads without using my back pockets and not using my pouch. Reed's work also is special for cups and balls as it is rather close up very worthy of this particular venue. The specs eventually hold the wand and determine where the balls end up .. the even lifting the cups at the end showing the finals. I was pleased at the outcome as it played real well.. I even stacked the third cup on the other two after throwing it high in the air fully filled up with the third and staying there.... angling such so any tell tale drooping wouldn't be seen at any angles... I arrogantly placed the three small balls atop this cup almost stuck my tongue out but did ask with a defiant tone "can you do this with YOUR cups" (I have animal BABE cups ) I think it all played well and I think under three minutes... I believe I am ready for the real world....Modesty almost prevents me from telling you all that I won the contest but the field wasn't too strong that day really..judging by the work I put in relative to those that did a few things that they had done before. I am simply pleased to be able to bring a challenge act to an industry setting as ours and I think get away with it ..even if it is an old old trick .. it can fool anyone.

Marty Shapiro
Greenville, SC
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1302 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Congrats on the contest win.
Cool.
Mobius
wolfsong
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of wolfsong
Hi Marty nice seeing you at the convention!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20518 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Congratulations Marty!

SCAM is always a good one. I'm sorry Lucy and I missed it this time. We are also sorry we missed getting to see you work.

Encore!

Bob and Lucy Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Marty and SCAM's contest doing Defiance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL