The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Does anybody do "Passage"? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MAGICofSeth
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of MAGICofSeth
I am thinking of adding Andrew Mayne's Passage to my show. I really like the idea of NOT using a large prop but a spectator instead. I am very concerned that the audience member helping will be able to tell exactly what is going on.

Does anybody actually do this effect in their show? What are the reactions? Does the "assistant" feel you make the move? (I have a H***Z *P)

What about Bisection?

Thank you!
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I know exactly what you are thinking. There are a couple of way to reduce making it known to the audience member. Practice practice, practice. You must be as silent as possible. Having music played while you do it will help too. Have them stand on a chair so that their auditory senses are fooled more. All the sound will be down below. Lay a carpet down if needed to dampen sound of shoes.
And practice, practice, practice.

Bisection is a quick trick and should be used in with conjuction with another effect. Done right (again practice, practice, practice), you'll get gasps from the audience. But don't linger too long. It is a quick shock effect.

I should add, that these are not the strongest effects. They are very angle sensitive. But Passage and all the other variants can be very entertaining. I do a comedy routine with Passage and it works very well in that format. I have not done it as a serious piece.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Does anybody do "Passage"? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL