The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » The Almighty Rubber Chicken (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Montethrower
View Profile
Elite user
a little town in nowhere
422 Posts

Profile of Montethrower
Hello. I have decided to post a specific thread on the possible use for a rubber chicken. Why, when we think of comedy do we seem to think of rubber chickens? Why are they funny? Why were they funny? And should I buy one today?

All the Best,
Montethrower
jgravelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Milwaukee (Head shown not actual size)
270 Posts

Profile of jgravelle
Quote:
...And should I buy one today?

For the opportunity to use this joke in all its iterations:

(Subtle) "Don't ever try to eat this. It's a choking hazard."

(Overt) "Let go of his neck! [Take it away... holding it by the neck] I'll choke my own chicken, thank you."

(Philisophical) "Which came first? The chicken or the guy who choked it?"

You get the idea...

Regards,

-jjg
madmaxa
View Profile
New user
Serbia and Montenegro
62 Posts

Profile of madmaxa
I use it instead of dove production. Usually I say something like: "Dove production is very hard to do, I did a lot of practice, and let me see if I can make it work this time". And when I produce a rubber chicken, you can imagine the reaction.
Life Coaching and Covert Hypnosis Coaching in Serbian or English language.
Serbian website: http://www.newera.co.rs/
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17198 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
I used to do a routine with a dove pan and a rubber chicken as the final production that always got a big laugh. To make a long patter short, I basically pattered that I got a recipe from a southern gentleman and proceeded to put the ingredients into a pan including the "secret blend of herbs and spices", then read the recipe as "set on fire at 350 degrees", then after doing so realized it said "set on the fire at 350 degrees", put the top on the pan, produced the rubber chicken and said "finger lickin good"
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
923 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Hello Rubber Chicken Fans....This past holiday season I got a new rubber chicken from my mother in law and I gotta tell ya....it rocks. I have been having a lot of fun with her (the chicken ... not the mother in law)in my kid shows. It is sold as a dog toy and a link is :

http://www.bestinshowsf.com/henrietta.html

Get one .... have some fun.

Barry
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
KeithP
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of KeithP
I have a change bag routine. One day, I saw my rubber chicken laying about and I stuffed it in the bag. During performance I announce that I have an empty bag, reach in to show it empty, and pull out the rubber chicken to my surprise. "What's this?" I say as I toss it over my shoulder behind my table. The bit gets a laugh, and for some strange reason, emptying the bag of the rubber chicken demonstrates that the bag IS empty.

Everytime I have seen a big buildup to a rubber chicken it always went over well. I highly recommend the silly thing.

Keith
Stephen Williams
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Stephen Williams
I also like the idea of using it with a dove pan!
Ste
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
949 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Get a Kentucky Fried Chicken Bucket and go around asking people if they would like some Chicken. Pull out or show the Rubber Chicken. Everyone loves it.

James Adamson
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
Jay
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern New Jersey
400 Posts

Profile of Jay
I use my rubber chicken as a magic wand in my take on the Mark Strivings routine "My First Dip." The chicken pokes around the change bag, and sticks his head out the bottom, doing a slow burn at the audience...they crack up! As I pull out one wrong thing after another, I keep saying "And now, as I wave my magic..." and the audience yells "Chicken!" It is one big old good time!

Jay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » The Almighty Rubber Chicken (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL