The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » AOA vol. 1 back in print? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ben creitz
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of ben creitz
Is this true? I read it on the web somewhere...please say yes!
Craig Matsuoka
View Profile
Loyal user
Kailua, Hawaii
271 Posts

Profile of Craig Matsuoka
Yup. That's the news I heard. Denny's email newsletter announced it this weekend. This might be the revised edition Tim Trono's been promising us. If it is, it should contain corrections, re-writing, and additional updated material.

Hopefully, Tim's tuning in and can confirm this.
ben creitz
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of ben creitz
Kermit, there are several great posts in this forum which outline the contents and value of AOA. Hunt them down. my wife is buying it for me for x-mas and I can hardly wait.
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
It's fantastic. In fact all the volumes are. An absolute fountain of gtenius from a wonderful creator- how he comes up with some of his ideas baffles me.
Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
woodmaven
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of woodmaven
I can confirm that it is back in print and has been revised to correct minor problems. I had one on back order since July and it finally arrived with the new printing about two weeks ago. My set is finally complete!

Vol 1 is every bit as good as the other two volumes. If I was stuck on a deserted island and could only have 3 books - I would choose these 3.

-Britt
Smile
Friends are our chosen family.

- Britt -
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
I just recieved my copy. P.H. says he deleted about 50 tricks also he has changed some things for clarity.I am looking foward to reading it. oblique
This is my 17th year on being a member of the cafe.
DJP
View Profile
Veteran user
London
391 Posts

Profile of DJP
When is the LATEST volume 1 out?

What tricks has Paul got rid of?

Davé
David
sleightly
View Profile
Elite user
New Hampshire
500 Posts

Profile of sleightly
Tim is off at the World Magic Summit in Vegas and can't respond so I will for him...

The only changes made to the reprint of Vol. 1 were reordering of the frontmatter and minor corrections in same and a new copyright that reflects the new order.

There were thoughts of expanding and revising, but this was abandoned. Partly for cost concerns, partly to avoid having multiple versions of the same work (as the other volumes remained in print).

Perhaps one day in the future we will see another work by Paul Harris in print, but for now we should enjoy the ones we've got...

Andrew
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » AOA vol. 1 back in print? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL