The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Angle separation » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Hi, I was wondering do you guys use angle separation much? And in what type of effects?
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
I've used it to cull a stack of cards. Or to simply perform a colour separation, going into the suits if possible. Plays very strongly with laymen, especially if you really delay the reveal of the order of the deck.
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Yeah in out of this world.
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
graemesd
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of graemesd
Used it foe many years - it is wwell worth all the hard work - all the above is correct.
there really is nothing that can follow it - I have closed my closeup with it for a very long time

gd luck
kaigan
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of kaigan
Agreed for OOTW. Spectator shuffles the deck, you "run through the cards" to show that they're mixed, spectator deals. It really makes the spectator feel they did everything on their own.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Hi Folks: Look up my THE GREAT DIVIDE, and you'll see where the Angle Separation came from. For the record. HARRY LORAYNE.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Hmm, interesting ideas, for OOTW it will be usefull, I was thinking of using it as a climax for revealing a spectators card, following a series of card revalations,
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
...to close an oil and water routine...

All the best,

:bikes: Mesquita Smile
"Siempre somos tres me acompaña la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Harry, as the man that came up with the angle separation it would be an honor if you'd share a few ideas on it's uses; per joker 55 original post. Thanks in advance.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
SDR
View Profile
Elite user
430 Posts

Profile of SDR
Quote:
On 2006-01-22 23:50, Harry Lorayne wrote:
Hi Folks: Look up my THE GREAT DIVIDE, and you'll see where the Angle Separation came from. For the record. HARRY LORAYNE.

You had something stolen from you? I guess they call it karma? Lennart Green is a fantastic performer and engineer of card moves, he has no need to steal anything.
kramerica2010
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of kramerica2010
Was it an independant invention?
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Leave it to someone who's put me down before to put in his two "unknowledgeable" cents here. My The Great Divide was out in manuscript form, copyrighted in 1972. Sold many thousands of them. I used to sell them at lectures. I lectured throughout Scandinavia. Starting in Copenhagen there was a man right in front. Then he was there in Stockholm, then in Oslo and Bergen, Norway, and etc. We had drinks together, where he picked my brain. He's the only magician to whom I sent a comp copy of the Swedish copy of THE MAGIC BOOK. Anyway, years later, out comes the "angle separation." Dear Shaun, IT'S A COMPLETE RIP-OFF, no matter what you'd like others to believe. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. All people in the know KNOW. Show me his "angle separation," before 1972.
And Bitterman, there were many uses for it in the manuscript. That's no longer available, but it's all re-written in my book, PERSONAL COLLECTION. HARRY LORAYNE.

SDR
View Profile
Elite user
430 Posts

Profile of SDR
Quote:
On 2006-01-23 21:09, Harry Lorayne wrote:
Leave it to someone who's put me down before to put in his two "unknowledgeable" cents here. My The Great Divide was out in manuscript form, copyrighted in 1972. Sold many thousands of them. I used to sell them at lectures. I lectured throughout Scandinavia. Starting in Copenhagen there was a man right in front. Then he was there in Stockholm, then in Oslo and Bergen, Norway, and etc. We had drinks together, where he picked my brain. He's the only magician to whom I sent a comp copy of the Swedish copy of THE MAGIC BOOK. Anyway, years later, out comes the "angle separation." Dear Shaun, IT'S A COMPLETE RIP-OFF, no matter what you'd like others to believe. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. All people in the know KNOW. Show me his "angle separation," before 1972.
And Bitterman, there were many uses for it in the manuscript. That's no longer available, but it's all re-written in my book, PERSONAL COLLECTION. HARRY LORAYNE.

I'll take your word for it.
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Sorry, I thought this was a message board about sharing not just drumming up sales. Obviously the Lennart Green issue has touched a nerve. It's a shame it has turned you sour, your input would have been interesting.

Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Not quite clear as to who you're talking to, Bitterman. Just in case I am the addressee - I WAS sharing. And drumming up WHAT sales? Send me an order for either THE GREAT DIVIDE or PERSONAL COLLECTION, and you'll be told than neither is available. GREAT DIVIDE hasn't been available for probably over ten years. And somebody did ASK about sharing some ideas, etc. It'd have been rude for me not to tell him where those ideas are. And, although I've become thick-skinned over the years, yeah, when something is blatantly stolen from me, it sure does touch a nerve. Sorry you don't understand that. So it's difficult to know what it is you're "bitter" (or is it sour)about. If you weren't addressing me, please ignore this message! HARRY LORAYNE.

bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Green says he came up with his GAS in the early 60's. Don't know either of your personally, so I really don't know who to believe. As for your drumming up sales I refer you to your last three post:

"Jeff: My Impromptu Linking Card is performed and taught on Volume 6 of my 10-volume video set - along with about a dozen other goodies, like Out Of This Universe, and on and on."

"Hey Roger: Just happened to catch your post. Why not check with me? Perhaps I can manage a discount for you if you purchase both. Who knows? You can reach me directly at: harrylorayne@earthlink.net. Best - HARRY LORAYNE."

"Hey Cain: I, too, am curious. If you so definitely don't use my hndling of The Lazy Man's Card Trick, what handling DO you use? I have some new thought on the subject in LORAYNE: THE CLASSIC COLLECTION. Some talk about how many louse up that trick. I hope you don't fall into that category. Anyway... HARRY LORAYNE."

If you are shilling to support a drug habit, then I apologize. Seek help.

Don't read too much into the 'bitterman' name, I'm just getting tired of reading these post that amount to little more than free advertising for hack trick. I'm sorry if you don't unnderstand that.

Other than that, have a nice day.

scorch
View Profile
Inner circle
1480 Posts

Profile of scorch
Quote:
On 2006-01-25 18:59, bitterman wrote:
Don't read too much into the 'bitterman' name, I'm just getting tired of reading these post that amount to little more than free advertising for hack trick. I'm sorry if you don't unnderstand that.

Bitterman, please. Do you honestly think that Mr. Lorayne, or any of card magic's other old pros, see any money from the sales of old books, the majority of which are out of print? "Free advertising for a hack trick," indeed. Entire generations of card workers have based their careers extensively on the "hack" material in Lorayne's Classic Collection.

Anybody who has personally contributed hundreds of sleights, effects, and moves that have been used extensively by card magicians for the past fifty years probably doesn't have much of a need to make any false claims.

The quotes that you've posted have shown nothing more than that Harry is trying to be helpful to the membership of the Café. And even if he is self-promoting, who the heck cares? Self-promotion is probably a good reason why he is a legend and you aren't. So please back off with your petty beefs, lighten up, and have a little respect. We're not building bombs here.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Hey Scorch: Darn it, you took the words right out of my mouth. I just came in and there was a "Personal Message" for me from Mr. Bitter Man. The same thing he posted here. Guess he wanted to be sure I saw his "Biblical" words. I answered him with a PM. But, now I see his glowing words here. So, no need for me to answer, you did it better than I could. The only thing I told him in the PM and that you didn't touch on, concerns his very first wentence. My answer to him, and I'll repeat it here. I don't care what he says, thieves are also liars. He proves it, and my apologies will be all over the place. Thanks, Scorch, and good night to all. HARRY LORAYNE.

Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Harry,

I'll have to agree with you. One of the real problems with thieves is that you can't trust what they say either. Sometimes communication fails us because there are two sets of rules. Take the high road. It's a choice only a gentleman can take.

Good to see you on the Café again. (But of course you knew that!)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- I got a new product announcement today from Harry. Thanks Harry! Keep up the good work!
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Angle separation » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL