The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Web Illusion? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Beaudini Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
259 Posts

Profile of Beaudini Magic
Hello Everyone,

I visited Jack Murray's website, and read about a new penetration illusion that will be hitting the market soon called "The Web." From the description, the illusion sounds absolutely fantastic, and I am dying to see it. Does anyone know any more about the effect, and when the pictures/video will be available? Not a walk around, can see the hands and head the whole time, this sounds to good to be true? Does anyone currently have one, or has anyone seen it? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Beau

P.S. Here is the link... dream-illusions.com
-Beau Alexander
"Make the Path, Others will Follow"
Jared Sherlock
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
245 Posts

Profile of Jared Sherlock
I have seen one in the developement stages in person, and it looked very good. From what I could see, it is large enough to play on a full stage and small enough to be portable and realistic as for smaller venues.

Jared
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
We know the inventor, Lance Richardson, very well. he has been on the road with us before and directed our show. The Web is an awesome piece. We have worked with it as has Sean Scott. We have had it on the road with us.

It is a rope penetration...but instead of one length of rope to pass thru...you pass thru a web of rope. The web of rope may be "spun" right in front of the audience..and this is right after an audience member has inspected the rope as well as the frame in which it is spun.

Your hands and head are visible the entire time. In fact your hands may be tied with the ends of the very rope you pass thru. Even more....two volunteers can be on stage and hold onto the ends of the rope once they are tied to your wrists.
The penetration is virtually instantaneous.

This is not a sales pitch, but our own personal experience.

Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Kevin, any knowledge if other builders will be making this one?
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
No, this illusion is exclusive through Dream Illusions only. Jack has bought the rights for it.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Beaudini Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
259 Posts

Mark, I am sure that this illusion will be fantastic, just like everything else Jack manufactures. I cannot wait to see the video and pictures. Again, thanks for the feedback everyone, this appears to be a very cool effect. The Magic Café; what a wonderful, positive resource.

Sincerely,

Beau
-Beau Alexander
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
It is really easy to perfom. I played with it at Jack's shop. It is extremley WOW looking.

Just a side note, the pictures and video will be coming. The developer of the site will be out of town for a couple of weeks. When he returns it will be up and running. Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Michael

Posted: Jan 23, 2006 12:52pm
----------------------------------------
Video is up online.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Beaudini Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
259 Posts

Wow, thanks guys. The video for this illusion is now up, and it looks great. It is refreshing to see a new penetration effect. Simply repackaging old walk-around penetrations is getting very boring, but this idea is gold. The fact that the rope is examinable is a very strong presentation point along with the lack of cover and the speed. Check out the video folks, you will not be disappointed!

Sincerely,

Beau
-Beau Alexander
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
That is a very interesting effect. I'm unfamiliar with Lance Richardson, but he must be a clever fellow. Kevin and/or Michael, do you know if plans available from him?
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
NO, I own the rights!!!!!!!

Jack
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
You don't have to yell, Jack. I was just asking.
Beaudini Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
259 Posts

Mr. Nilsen,

Jack has exclusive rights on this one. Isn't the video great? Jack, sign me up for one, it truly looks amazing.

Sincerely,

Beau
-Beau Alexander
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Yes, Jack has sole rights on this. Plans cannot be purchased. Lance Richardson is the creator and Sean Scott is the one performing in the video. Go to Jack and he will build you this great piece!

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Beaudini Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
259 Posts

I agree Kevin, I am sure Mark will love Jack Murray's "The Web."
-Beau Alexander
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Yes, Beau, the video is intriguing, but we're casual here so you don't have to call me "Mr."

And thanks for the info, Kevin (although I'd prefer not to go to Jack just yet for fear he'd shoot me!)
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
Two points for Starrpower:
I wasn't "yelling", and I don't shoot people:)

Jack
Beaudini Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
259 Posts

Dear Mr. Mark Nilsen, A.K.A. Starrpower

I apologize for utilizing formal terms, but I come from a family of attorneys so I often find myself speaking that way. I have one question for you Mark: why is it that everytime someone says something nice about Dream Illusions or Jack Murray, you manage to post something negative or rude? I wonder if the Café authorities would appreciate looking at your past posts only to find that you have been promoting and pushing your products annonomously along. Like I have said before, the Magic Café is supposed to be a forum for magicians to help each other, give positive feedback, and honest reviews. Although I do not know you personally, I am very disappointed that a man of your stature would act in these childish ways. As a contributing author to Magic Magazine, and a man who is supposedly a professional, I do not understand what enjoyment you get out of arguing and truly trying to shatter the ideas and hard work of many of the Café's members. I hope that this post finds you doing well, and maybe all of us should try to have a little more positive attitude towards each other. After all folks, we are magicians, this stuff is supposed to be fun.

Best regards,

Beau Alexander

P.S. Yes, I actually do use the profiles the Café has so kindly set up, so please feel free to contact me, I love to talk.
-Beau Alexander
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Well, since you want to take this public rather than PMing me, I'll answer your questions.

I just re-read this entire thread. I said nothing detrimental toward anyone here. I asked if any other builders were making this one, and I also asked if plans were available. Jack jumped in with caps locks and seven exclamation points (the internet equivalent of yelling), to which I responded that there's no reason to yell, I was just asking for information– which I think is pretty routine and expected in a forum like this. When informed that it was exclusive property of Jack, I thanked everyone who had responded to me, with a tougue-in-cheek reference to Jack who had just yelled at me (of COURSE I know Jack wouldn't really shoot me ... it was a joke.)

Now, if you can find something rude or negative anywhere within this thread, please explain. If not, let's get on with the discussion.
Beaudini Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
259 Posts

Starrpower,

Thank you for the clarification. You are correct. I guess the problem lies in the fact that sometimes it is hard to interpret text on the internet. Sometimes people are sarcastic or joking, and it is hard to decipher between the two. I really do think that this illusion is something special, and I would really like to have one. Again, I am glad that we are now all clear on this subject. Hopefully all of us can now move forward and discuss the effect. Any input you all have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Mark, and everyone else.

Sincerely,

Beau

P.S. Mark I emailed you. Thanks.
-Beau Alexander
Beaudini Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
259 Posts

Starrpower,

My email actually will not send to the address I have for you, If you could PM me your current address I would appreciate it. Thanks again,

-Beau
-Beau Alexander
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Web Illusion? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL