The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Blizzard vs. white bikes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
markiquark
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of markiquark
Hi folks, I am sure if you opened this thread you know at least one of the effects. Blizzard you can watch the vid at penguinmagic, white bikes at elmwoodmagic. I was wondering which one is superior but think I already know the answer. Blizzard, because the cards are examinable. But there may be something in white bikes to make up for it? I would love to hear your opinions. Markiquark
If you are going to Puerto Vallarta on your acations, let me know and write me a PM. I am interested in meeting magicians.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Nooo, you can't compare the two. They are different, IMO.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-01-22 18:40, evolve629 wrote:
Nooo, you can't compare the two. They are different, IMO.

As usual, you are correct! Blizzard can be examined-white bikes can't.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
I have had both and liked both !
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
580 Posts

Profile of Nick23
White bikes doesn't use a deck switch so you can do it standing up or without a table. I like white bikes, and I've developed a handling that I think is better than the one in the instructions, PM me for details if you want it.

I have never had anyone want to examine the cards. You show them backs and 52 fronts cleanly, so they assume there is nothing more to see.
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I like White Bikes and have used it when it frist came out. I think White Biukes is a trick and Blizzrad is a mind numbing KILLER effcet. Just my opinion.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Ignore me...
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Ignore me...
I think that Blizzard is an amazing trick. However, I also own White Bikes, and would like to point out that, with a little forethought, you can take cards from the face and the back of the deck and drop them right into the spectators' hands, so it IS like they got to examine all the cards. I typically deal a few from each location, just to lock in the idea that cards were just randomly taken from various parts of the deck, and that I was being very open about letting them handle them...
LordPH
View Profile
Regular user
Suomi
189 Posts

Profile of LordPH
Blizzard requires more skills and self-confidence to perform, but they are both great!
...but I will stay with Blizzard!
Lucas Ace

Ultimatemagic.Net
Helsinki Street Team
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
I do not like the 9 force in White Bikes.
robert bianchi
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of robert bianchi
Agree Blizzard takes more self confidence, but like the instructions say, once you have done it sucessfully and realize that incredibly it works even when hands are burned, your confidence grows considerably.

I have even done the switch back again immediatley afterward and used the clean deck for the next effect. Never once has the switch ever been spotted much less suspected.

Love the Blizzard. Bob
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Why would you let a spectator examine all fifty two cards? Wouldn't that slow your act down? I almost never hand out my regular deck for examination. Most of the time, no one asks to see it.

White Bikes looks very practical for table hopping.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
tropicalpenguin
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of tropicalpenguin
I occasionally have a few people examine a card or two after a color change, but that's it. Unless you do something that merits examination (I guess, like Blizzard), then they are fine. A deck of cards is something everyone is familiar with, which we can use to our advantage. Don't give them a reason and they won't suspect anything

That said, what I would do is have them "examine" after blizzard is performed (by "examine", I mean, ribbon spread, then turnover on the spread. One, it looks cool, two, they see both sides.) If they get picky, all you need to do is hand out one card. That's it. One. Anything else looks almost like you are pleading with them.

If you get any guests who are any pickier than that, then you probably wouldn't have shown them a lot of sleight-heavy magic anyway
-The penguin has spoken Smile

-How could 52 pieces of cardboard ever bring so much joy?
magicofms
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh Pa
57 Posts

Profile of magicofms
I think Blizzard is the better of the two--couple of reasons why--NO FORCE-White Bikes uses an awkward force. And you are left COMPLETLEY CLEAN at the end -I think this is a great trick to close a set. Show all the faces blank and simply walk away--I guarantee they will look at ALL the cards!
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
White bikes is good trick except for the force. The same gimmick cards have been used for FADE OUT
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

It think the force is pretty well camoflaged in the trick. In fact, when I first watched the demo, it almost flew right past me. But then again, I wasn't expecting a force because I didn't know what the effect was going to be. You could substitute it for other forces, though. Like the one used in Overkill. Forget the name of it, though.

Maybe it's just me, but as a table hopper, I could never see myself doing Blizzard.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Where can one see a vidi clip of white bikes? BTW, Blizzard is a CLOSER... you can't follow it with anything.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
cgscpa
View Profile
Elite user
Ashton, MD
447 Posts

Profile of cgscpa
Here's one place to view White Bikes :

http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/?nd=full&key=826

View Demo button is on the right of the page.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Not bad, very nice. I like the LOOSE handling and letting spek hold the cards. Thanks.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

I like it too. What I really like about the effect is that the misdirection you need is built right in.
TheManWithoutFear
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of TheManWithoutFear
Thanks for psting that link cgscpa. I strongly agree with Pete on this one. Allowing the audience member to hold the cards really adds to the effect. Effects like this are what really drew me into magic when I was younger.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Blizzard vs. white bikes (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL