The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Blizzard vs. white bikes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
The trick is also on sale right now at Elmwood magic.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
TheManWithoutFear
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of TheManWithoutFear
Thanks for the heads-up cfrancis.
tropicalpenguin
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of tropicalpenguin
SIDEBAR NOTICE

Pete:

You could follow it with something. There's always a way to follow something. Just depends on how stuffed you would like your pockets to be.

For example, you do a deck switch with a blank-on-both-sides deck and do, say, Greg Wilson's point blank (essentially an ACR with blank cards where you make a signature jump to the top of the deck instead of cards).

To me, what defines a routine are the strengths of each effect, coupled with flow. Your strongest piece goes at the end, because, then, you truly can not follow it.
-The penguin has spoken Smile

-How could 52 pieces of cardboard ever bring so much joy?
MerlH
View Profile
Loyal user
Carolina Shores, N.C.
272 Posts

Profile of MerlH
Many years ago before White Bikes, Robert Wheeler and myself produced a deck using Jokers instead of blanks. At the time we called it Oops with a different routine than White Bikes or Fade Away. It never sold because it was too expensive to make up. I like the Joker ending because in the laymans mind, it don't smell so much like a gimmaced deck. They probably have never seen a blank card before, therefore they are magicians trick cards. The Fade Away routine is much better because any card can be poiinted to. After the rest of the deck turns to Jokers, a Joker is waved over the selected card and it also changes to a Joker.

Only 50 decks were ever made up and I have probably have 5 or 6 left. These individual cards also work for Paul Harris' Return of the Bizzare Shrink, page 129 Book 3, AofA. By the way, this is a GREAT walk around trick. If anyone is interested in obtaining a deck or BS cards PM me. Maybe we can trade or work something out.
Merl Hamen Old dog-- New tricks
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
I like both of them. They are both very good.
But, out of the two, I personally prefer BLIZZARD.
It REALLY takes em' down.
I have also worked out some effects using a FULL blank deck of cards in which Dean Dill himself has giving me his blessing to use immediately after performing BLIZZARD. (When need be)
There simply are certain times when opportunity presents itself where one could CONTINUE to demonstrate his/her magical ability.
"more More MORE" the crowd screams.
Who are we to say when it ends?...
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Just remember:
Either of the two you choose, be sure to have FUN.

Magically,
Nick V.
~Nick V.~
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Donkey's years ago, Ken Brooke sold "It's a Joker" where the deck changes to ALL JOKERS after being seen as a normal deck. Very clever and I used to use it a lot. Now I have to go find it in one of my storage areas and revitalize it! Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
I'm very surprised that nobody's mentioned using BOTH. Similar effect, different method right? Great for flooring repeat audiences.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Great idea, Michael.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
magicneil
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicneil
I own both and both tricks are excellent. Although I prefer to perform whitebikes because its a multi phase routine that leads to a strong finish and there is no deck switch wich makes it more practical for table hopping. As for the examination of the cards in whitebikes half of the deck is examinable.
DaveM
View Profile
Special user
Germany
788 Posts

Profile of DaveM
How does White Bikes compare to an older Peter Duffie effect, "Wipeout"??? I've used Wipeout in the past, and the mechanics of White Bikes sounds very similar.

Dave
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Both are quality effects.

I go with Blizzard because there is no force. They have a free choice of any card and you remove their card and it's 3 mates. Then watch out!!!

Dean came up with a classic of card magic!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
You said it Chris! ... It is a Forever CLASSIC!!!
Blizzard is SOLID!
Free Choice, No Force, and the Deck is Completely Examinable!
~Nick V.~
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-09-09 17:14, Nick-V. wrote:
You said it Chris! ... It is a forever CLASSIC!!!
Blizzard is SOLID!
Free Choice, No Force, and the deck is Completely Examinable!

Nick you sound like an advertisement. They should hire you to do ad copy!!!!

Everything Nick said is true and on the money!!!

Chris

Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Thanx Chris:
I simply like to give credit where credit is due.
Not that Dean needs my testimonial (It's already a WINNER!),
My enthusiasm for this effect comes from the reactions I get when performing it.
I simply hope others who are considering this effect for their arsenal will enjoy it as much as I and others who own it as well do.
5 Stars *****

Dean is the man.
~Nick V.~
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Both tricks are good in their own way. If you are into having the deck examined thoroughly by people to prove they are blank, Blizzard is the one. To throw another routine into the mix, check out Aldo Colombini's "Draw a Blank". I believe it preceeded the others.
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-09-10 13:18, Jon Allen wrote:
Both tricks are good in their own way. If you are into having the deck examined thoroughly by people to prove they are blank, Blizzard is the one. To throw another routine into the mix, check out Aldo Colombini's "Draw a Blank". I believe it preceeded the others.

Jon raises a good point. I don't beleive in having "props" examined. But..there are some effects that are so strong, they beg to be looked at. I never ofefr them to look at blizzard, but don't stop them either.

Chris

Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

MagicChris, do you do Blizzard when table hopping? Just curious as I think it would take up a bit of pocket space.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-09-10 17:56, cfrancis wrote:
MagicChris, do you do Blizzard when table hopping? Just curious as I think it would take up a bit of pocket space.

No, I don't. I try to do things that are very quick. Not rushed, but quick and dramatic ( transpos, coin flurry/jumbo coin, knot off rope, Anything Wallet ). Blizzard isn't long, but it takes a little more time than I'm willing to devote. Don't be put off by that, though. Pete Biro says he does it and I'd put more stock in his opinion of doing it.

I've been helping my dad lately and haven't been out their working, btu am just starting to get back into it as The Lord has blessed my Dad and I'll have time to devote to a couple of nights a week.

Chris

ChrisJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Lapeer, MI
226 Posts

Profile of ChrisJ
I purchased this effect yesterday and the saleman was too busy to run through it and I ran out of time. Is there a video demo other then the one on the penguin site? Would like to see a run through from further back.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Blizzard vs. white bikes (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL