The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Believe You Can Do It! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
A very long time ago, I was talking with Ed Marlo and mentioned that I was interested in learning a Center Deal. He said that the Saturday sesions had too many people, so we should get together on Sunday. We did. Ed asked me what Bottom Deal I was doing. I showed him and to make a long story short, let's say I do it differently now.

Anyway, Ed demonstrated the Center Deal he wanted to show me. Flawless! He even took the time to put the deck in my hands, and placed my fingers were they should be. Then he took his deck and demonstrated what I was to do. I looked at that and said "I can't do that!" Ed said, "you're right, you can't do that." I thought to myself, gee, thanks a lot for the help, Ed.

But as Ed explained, it takes time to allow the brain to accept what the hands or fingers are trying to do the first time. If you tell yourself that you can't do it, then you can't do it. It's that simple.

Needless to say, I eventually learned what I needed to know and of course it didn't hurt learning from the author of "Seconds, Centers, Bottoms"!

Jim Molinari
Smile
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Ah! So the little train was right after all!

"I think I can... I think I can...."

Then there was the big train:
"I know I can, I know I can!"

Then there was the biggest train of all:
" What do you mean, I can't! Don't you KNOW who I AM?"

Great story btw! Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Enigma3613
View Profile
New user
California
61 Posts

Profile of Enigma3613
Yeah, I thought that was great. Maybe I should start working on that "double deal" that I thought was impossible. (I Know I CAN... I hope.) Smile

Thanks for the story.
- Robert Doidge
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
These all giv me so much trouble because of dry hands, and consequently "dry fingers" makes bottom deals, seconds, etc all very difficult. This is extremely frustrating and I have tried every hand lotion and formula out there. Just temporary fixes, that's all they amount to.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
As a 10 stone man If sm1 told me that I could defeat a 20 stone man I would have laughed. As I have now done this I can see what the person was saying about potential.
This can be seen by some people that take an interest in you and try to convince you of the skills you have in latent form. They can see these latent skills and help you direct them in a fashion that will develop your skills.
Also my nature dictates that if I cant do smthing then I can learn how to do it. and I also enjoy the challenge thrown up by my quest for skills yet to learn.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Matt Graves
View Profile
Special user
Huntsville, Alabama (USA)
504 Posts

Profile of Matt Graves
Double dealing is certainly possible. It took me about a year of working on it off and on, but I've got it pretty smooth now. I learned it so I could do Stanley Collins's four-ace-trick as described in the Amateur Magician's Handbook.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Believe You Can Do It! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL