The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Matchbook mischief (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Salem
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Salem
I'm currently having problems with an effect that evolved off of the classic burnt match to matchbook. I want to have to have three separate effect in the routine 1) good ole burnt match to matchbook 2)burnt match restored 3)restored match to matchbook which turn out to be comprised of all burnt matches except the one of course. I have number 2 done I'm having issude with 1 and 3. My problem is such that I am currently on a self imposed fast from (classic) vanishing. (More on my problem available on the "food for thought" forum). I'm curious if anyone has an idea for anti-vanishing a match. As in the match can't exist in two places at once, but other than putting it in your pocket, do you have any ideas for causing the match to be gone after they look in the match book. I'm don't want to place it in my hand and "oh its gone". I want "look in the matchbook...the match is there? Well that's because it isn't in my hand". Does this make sense? Does anyone agrees?

Salem
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The most sure fire mechanics for this, short of locking up your hand and using a pull, is probably something like the Ted Lesly teleport envelope. a volunteer can drop the match in, seal the envelope, and later the cut the thing open and find nothing.

The term anti-vanish is intriguing. Where do dreams go when we wake up? Very much like the way people vanish when they are discovered to be ghosts in stories. A big smile here. Thanks.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Matchbook mischief (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL