The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » I hate to even say this... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicman01462
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Magicman01462
Alright, as scary as this may seem, and I know how many people will be groaning about this, but out of sheer curiousity I bought the new "Mysterious Stranger" book by (sorry about this) David Blaine.

Well, anyway, after reading the book, (which was long but interesting) I actually thought that he did a nice job of summing up magic, and what he thinks of it.

Though some parts may seem a bit inflated, like the challenge sections, it was pretty good. The downside, he gave away some of the illusions that I use like the 21 card and then a strange form of the riffle force.

But on the upside, it was well produced. I hope no one goes ballistic about this, but that was my opinion.

Magicman01462
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
646 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
I haven't read it. I don't plan on reading it either unless he chooses to send me a copy Smile

I'm glad to hear that his efforts are appreciated though.
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
I would recommend this book to anyone, magicians and laymen alike. It does give a strong grasp to anyone who wants to know about magic in general.

Kraft
do magic

www.8bom.net
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
That brings on an interesting question:
Do you have to be a great peformer to write a good book?
I think the answer is no - and there are many examples. Darwin Ortiz, Larry Jennings and so on...
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
It depends. You need to be great at whatever you write your book about. Mr. Ortiz and Mr. Jennings are both brilliant card men.

If you are writing a book on performing, you should be a brilliant performer. They wrote books about cards, a topic both men excelled in.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Jim Davis
View Profile
Special user
What is....? Utah
945 Posts

Profile of Jim Davis
Then David Blaine has succeeded in writing a book about what he know best--our incredible desire for the unexplained and supernatural. He did it and we can complain all we want about it, but let's face it, if we'd done it first we'd have been proud.
Diamond Jim Davis "The Cardslinger" ~~~ Magic from the '80's....................the 1880's!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Don't just be a magician, be a human interest!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>[url]www.periodplayers.com[/ur
freddyvegas
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of freddyvegas
His book will only help his career and I think he's a very smart man to do so. Smile
It Hurts to be beautiful
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3376 Posts

Profile of Looch
The book is an interesting read. I didn't expect to buy a book full of effects, which this isn't. The book mainly captures his feelings and attitudes towards the art and why he performs the way he does.
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » I hate to even say this... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL